ob277rl

Master Member

• Legacy Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,376 posts
  • Outback/SOB:2013 277RL Reese 1,200 lb Dual Cam Sway Control
  • Tow Vehicle:2010 F150 4X4 SCrw XLT 5.4L- 6.5ft -Tow -Hlpr Spgs

Posted 26 August 2013 - 09:06 AM

The DWs sister and her husband were up in NY to see the Falls, and even snuck into Canada for a visit last week. My brother in law is an umpire and of course they had to take in a couple of games at the Little League World Series. Coming home they flew out of Chicago and on the plane my sister in law struck up a conversation with a fellow passenger. He had mentioned that he had visited San Antonio TX before and asked if she had any recommendation for a good place to get Mexican food, and she did. She said that MI Tierra Restaurant & Bakery down town in the market place was good; he asked is that the one with all the Piatas hanging from the ceiling and it is. She also mentioned a place on the northern area of town out of the busy downtown area, it was La hacienda de Los Barrios. She said they have the best Puffy Tacos; he got this strange look on his face and said oh you eat dog. Well she had to explain to him that she said Puffy Tacos not Puppy Tacos. LOL Good Luck.

#2 Chief901

Chief901

• Legacy Member
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Outback/SOB:2012 Sidney Outback 325FRE
  • Tow Vehicle:2012 Ford F-350 6.7L PSD CC 4X4 Lariat Ultimate

Posted 26 August 2013 - 01:30 PM

The DWs sister and her husband were up in NY to see the Falls, and even snuck into Canada for a visit last week. My brother in law is an umpire and of course they had to take in a couple of games at the Little League World Series. Coming home they flew out of Chicago and on the plane my sister in law struck up a conversation with a fellow passenger. He had mentioned that he had visited San Antonio TX before and asked if she had any recommendation for a good place to get Mexican food, and she did. She said that MI Tierra Restaurant & Bakery down town in the market place was good; he asked is that the one with all the Piatas hanging from the ceiling and it is. She also mentioned a place on the northern area of town out of the busy downtown area, it was La hacienda de Los Barrios. She said they have the best Puffy Tacos; he got this strange look on his face and said oh you eat dog. Well she had to explain to him that she said Puffy Tacos not Puppy Tacos. LOL Good Luck.

I lived in San Antonio almost my entire life, and the "Puffy Tacos" can be found at Los Barrios and Jacala's. They are very delicious, and I dine on them every time I go back to San Antonio.
Posted Image
2012 Ford F-350 SRW CC 6.7l PSD
Roxey (Spoiled Boston Terrier)
2012 Sydney Outback 325FRE

#3 Leedek

Leedek

• Legacy Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 786 posts
  • Outback/SOB:2011 210RS 10th Anniversary
  • Tow Vehicle:2003 Silverado

Posted 26 August 2013 - 02:44 PM

I seem to remember one of Rush Limbaugh's favorite callers years ago. Mick from the high mountains of New Mexico said he used to eat at the Roadkill Cafe on "tacos made outta dead puppies." wink_smile Not trying to offend here but he used to say people would drop off litters of puppies and kittens up on his mountain road. Dropping them off was a death sentence as coyotes and other predators would make short work of the defenseless little guys. In any case, Mick reportedly said they made for good tacos.

Hey.... don't yell at me....Robertized brought it up! :whistling:

2011 Outback 210RS 10th Anniversary Ed. OBnAustySignature-1.jpg2003 Silverado 1500LT saluting-soldier.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users