• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ST8-E

ST8-E

• Legacy Member
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 08:19 AM

What is everyone using to spray on their slide seals to keep them good? Dealership told me to get silicone spray and hit all of them twice a year...I did an amazon search and I found both slide seal conditioner and slide seal lubricant. Is there a difference?

#2 ob277rl

ob277rl

Master Member

• Legacy Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,376 posts
  • Outback/SOB:2013 277RL Reese 1,200 lb Dual Cam Sway Control
  • Tow Vehicle:2010 F150 4X4 SCrw XLT 5.4L- 6.5ft -Tow -Hlpr Spgs

Posted 27 May 2017 - 09:58 AM

I have been using 303 Protectant on the slide seals for five years now. I actually use it to protect the trailer from the roof down. Good Luck.

Robert

#3 ajk170

ajk170

• Legacy Member
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 11:13 PM

+1 on the 303- great stuff that I use on everything from the hot tub cover to the camper!

#4 spidey

spidey

• Legacy Member
  • PipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 10:32 AM

I use Jig-A-Loo myself, and have been for years.  Use it on all seals like that, including any compartments and doors.

Good or bad, not sure.  Dont have any cracking, sticking or leaking issues so far, and have had the trailer for 5 years.  And any previous trailer as well.

There us also dry lubricant for the slide out gears.  It doesnt attract dirt or dust.  I spray my gear teeth and the teeth on the bars twice a year.  Does it help, again, not sure.  I have never not done it, so maybe it would operate the same without to

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users