• You cannot reply to this topic

Attaching Outdoor Table

#1 User is offline   Cabana Dave 

• PipPip
  • View gallery
  • Group: Legacy Member
  • Member No.: 4,578

Post icon  Posted 14 April 2007 - 10:06 PM

Did anyone attach/install a removable table to the outside? I would like to put a table attachment rail on the outside of my 21 RS. This means drilling holes, and driving 5 or 6 screws through the outside shell and fastening an aluminum rail used to mount a table to the wall. Has anyone attempted such a thing, or am I asking for trouble by piercing the wall? Perhaps silicone caulk to seal the screws would be the answer here? Any feedback is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave

#2 User is offline   h2oman 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • Member No.: 1,644

Posted 14 April 2007 - 10:23 PM

It shouldn't be a problem to do at all. I'm curious though. Why would you want to do this? You may have a great reason.

#3 User is offline   Oregon_Camper 

• Outbackers Contributor
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Administrator
  • Member No.: 535
  • Outback/SOB:2010 Outback 301BQ
  • Tow Vehicle:2008 Ford F-350 6.4L Diesel

Posted 14 April 2007 - 10:54 PM

View Posth2oman, on Apr 14 2007, 08:23 PM, said:

It shouldn't be a problem to do at all. I'm curious though. Why would you want to do this? You may have a great reason.

Same question....

We use a nice 6' table from Costco...cost about $20 and I can place it anywhere I want.

#4 User is offline   Cabana Dave 

• PipPip
  • View gallery

Posted 15 April 2007 - 09:41 AM

View PostOregon_Camper, on Apr 14 2007, 11:54 PM, said:

Same question....

We use a nice 6' table from Costco...cost about $20 and I can place it anywhere I want.

I considered the table from Costco, but got the itch to 'do a mod' on my previous tt. Here's what you get with an attached table... incredibly stable being attached to tt, always level, very light to transport since the table I made was from an old closet door (sanded, stained, and 3 coats of polyurethane). It came out nice with a gloss finish.

Dave

#5 User is offline   h2oman 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted 15 April 2007 - 09:48 AM

View PostCabana Dave, on Apr 15 2007, 07:41 AM, said:

View PostOregon_Camper, on Apr 14 2007, 11:54 PM, said:

Same question....

I considered the table from Costco, but got the itch to 'do a mod' on my previous tt. Here's what you get with an attached table... incredibly stable being attached to tt, always level, very light to transport since the table I made was from an old closet door (sanded, stained, and 3 coats of polyurethane). It came out nice with a gloss finish.

Dave

Ok. It should be easy enough to do. Also, anytime you drill and attach anything to the outside it has to be silicone sealed or it will leak. Have fun. Post some pics of the work when you are done. I'm interested to see this.

John

#6 User is offline   Doxie-Doglover-Too 

• Outbackers Contributor
  • Icon
  • View gallery
  • Group: KOALA Club Charter Member
  • Member No.: 4,539

Posted 15 April 2007 - 11:21 AM

hee hee! :devil2: my new SOB has hooks installled on outside that are covered when not in use. When we want, we'll take out the table that is made for them, hook it on and we'll have attched outside table. Also has shelf that goes in another spot.No, not bragging, was just outside a few minutes ago and eyeballing those installed hooks and making mental note to order table and then I came in and read your post :)
2012 Cougar 31SQBWE- 2007 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel 5.9 Cummins 4x4- Prodigy Brake Control- Equalizer Hitch-
Electric Jack- 2 Honda Generators -Doxiedoglover@live.com Life Is What YOU Make It.........

#7 User is offline   Cabana Dave 

• PipPip
  • View gallery

Posted 15 April 2007 - 01:38 PM

[/quote]

Ok. It should be easy enough to do. Also, anytime you drill and attach anything to the outside it has to be silicone sealed or it will leak. Have fun. Post some pics of the work when you are done. I'm interested to see this.

John
[/quote]

Thanks John,

I'm still apprehensive about drilling into the wall of my new trailer. The old one was connected to a piece of trim above the wheel well. I will post pics when I eventually go through with this.

Dave

View PostDoxie-Doglover-Too, on Apr 15 2007, 12:21 PM, said:

hee hee! :devil2: my new SOB has hooks installled on outside that are covered when not in use. When we want, we'll take out the table that is made for them, hook it on and we'll have attched outside table. Also has shelf that goes in another spot.No, not bragging, was just outside a few minutes ago and eyeballing those installed hooks and making mental note to order table and then I came in and read your post :)

That's a great standard feature on yours! The tabes at the sites are not always in great shape, plus you know yours is clean.

Dave

#8 User is offline   Doxie-Doglover-Too 

• Outbackers Contributor
  • Icon
  • View gallery
  • Member No.: 4,539

Posted 15 April 2007 - 02:03 PM

View PostCabana Dave, on Apr 15 2007, 11:38 AM, said:

John
[/quote]

Thanks John,

I'm still apprehensive about drilling into the wall of my new trailer. The old one was connected to a piece of trim above the wheel well. I will post pics when I eventually go through with this.

Dave

View PostDoxie-Doglover-Too, on Apr 15 2007, 12:21 PM, said:

That's a great standard feature on yours! The tabes at the sites are not always in great shape, plus you know yours is clean.

Dave
[/quote]
I have no idea if they are flimsy or not though....but it's a great idea anyway :)
2012 Cougar 31SQBWE- 2007 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel 5.9 Cummins 4x4- Prodigy Brake Control- Equalizer Hitch-
Electric Jack- 2 Honda Generators -Doxiedoglover@live.com Life Is What YOU Make It.........

#9 User is offline   Oregon_Camper 

• Outbackers Contributor
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • View gallery

Posted 15 April 2007 - 02:23 PM

View PostDoxie-Doglover-Too, on Apr 15 2007, 09:21 AM, said:

Guess I'm in the camp that I want flexibility to have my table where I want it vs. where the trailer is parked.

#10 User is offline   mswalt 

• Outbackers Contributor
  • Icon
  • View gallery
  • Member No.: 539
  • Outback/SOB:2010 Cardinal 3804BH
  • Tow Vehicle:01 Silverado 3500 DRW Duramax

Posted 15 April 2007 - 03:08 PM

Guess I'm in the camp that I want flexibility to have my table where I want it vs. where the trailer is parked

X2

Mark
Me (Mark) and the wife (Tish) - Texas
2010 Cardinal 3804BH
2001 Chevrolet 3500 Crew Cab 6.6 Duramax Diesel LS DRW - Prodigy Controller

#11 User is offline   kmcfetters 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 1,067

Posted 15 April 2007 - 03:26 PM

maybe you can order the same type track that goes to the kitchen table and mount it outside......
Kevin, Heather---Savannah & Noah
1995 Chevy Suburban-454 w/410 ratio and banks exhaust
2004 25RS-S Outback
Prodigy Brake Controller

#12 User is offline   Cabana Dave 

• PipPip
  • View gallery

Posted 15 April 2007 - 06:34 PM

View Postkmcfetters, on Apr 15 2007, 04:26 PM, said:

maybe you can order the same type track that goes to the kitchen table and mount it outside......

That is what I have, but my outside table has one centered leg. If the ground is not level, the table will still be level.

#13 User is offline   h2oman 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted 15 April 2007 - 06:39 PM

View PostOregon_Camper, on Apr 15 2007, 12:23 PM, said:

View PostDoxie-Doglover-Too, on Apr 15 2007, 09:21 AM, said:

Guess I'm in the camp that I want flexibility to have my table where I want it vs. where the trailer is parked.

You're just an 'ol fuddy duddy Jim. :devil2:

#14 User is offline   Oregon_Camper 

• Outbackers Contributor
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • View gallery

Posted 15 April 2007 - 07:41 PM

View Posth2oman, on Apr 15 2007, 04:39 PM, said:

If having my table closer to where we are (ie..campfire), so I can get into the cooler to make a drink, then yup...I'm a fuddy duddy...guilty as charged.

Here is a pic of how we setup camp with the portable table.

Posted Image

#15 User is offline   countrygirl 

• Outbackers Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 2,036

Posted 15 April 2007 - 08:00 PM

View PostOregon_Camper, on Apr 15 2007, 08:41 PM, said:

View Posth2oman, on Apr 15 2007, 04:39 PM, said:

If having my table closer to where we are (ie..campfire), so I can get into the cooler to make a drink, then yup...I'm a fuddy duddy...guilty as charged.

Here is a pic of how we setup camp with the portable table.

Posted Image

Nice Pic!!
Currently ...NO camper.

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users