Outback RV Owners Forum: Wobbly Toilet - Outback RV Owners Forum

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Wobbly Toilet

#1 User is offline   Silvrsled 

  • Member
  • PipPip
  • View gallery
  • Group: Legacy Member
  • Posts: 142
  • Joined: 23-July 08
  • Member No.: 7,907
  • Location:San Diego

Posted 25 November 2008 - 03:54 PM

During our last camping trip, this past weekend, my wife commented that the toilet seem to wobble a bit side to side. This is the 3rd time we've been out in our OB and I noticed it before but kind of just brushed it off. Our last trailer's toilet was rock solid but it was a slightly differernt style. Is this normal?
---------------------------------
'08 Outback 21RS
- Upgraded 19"LCD
- Tornado flush
- Dual 6v.
- Marine battery cutoff switch.
'05 Silverado 2500HD Duramax

#2 User is offline   Lmbevard 

  • Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • Group: Legacy Member
  • Posts: 1,254
  • Joined: 18-March 06
  • Member No.: 1,945
  • Location:Keokuk, Iowa

Posted 25 November 2008 - 04:07 PM

View PostSilvrsled, on Nov 25 2008, 02:54 PM, said:

During our last camping trip, this past weekend, my wife commented that the toilet seem to wobble a bit side to side. This is the 3rd time we've been out in our OB and I noticed it before but kind of just brushed it off. Our last trailer's toilet was rock solid but it was a slightly differernt style. Is this normal?

Mine don't rock. It does seem that it isn't totally supported by the floor but dosn't rock.
Larry and Karen - Iowa
2000 Dodge 3500 Duelly
2003 Ford F250 Crewcab
2006 30' Outback FRKS
Posted Image Posted Image

#3 User is offline   garyb1st 

  • Outbackers Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • Group: Legacy Member
  • Posts: 353
  • Joined: 06-December 07
  • Member No.: 6,571

Posted 25 November 2008 - 08:37 PM

I remember the dealer rep showing us how some of the Outback toilets turn slightly. Maybe 20 to 25 degrees. Ours doesn't but I wonder if those that do can be a bit loose because of the mechanism.
gary and maria
and the cats, leo and katie.


Clifford - Fire Engine Red, 2005 F250 CC Diesel 4X4 Long Bed.
2008 Outback 28KRS
Visit My Website

Posted Image

#4 User is offline   Silvrsled 

  • Member
  • PipPip
  • View gallery
  • Group: Legacy Member
  • Posts: 142
  • Joined: 23-July 08
  • Member No.: 7,907
  • Location:San Diego

Posted 25 November 2008 - 10:09 PM

View Postgaryb1st, on Nov 25 2008, 05:37 PM, said:

I remember the dealer rep showing us how some of the Outback toilets turn slightly. Maybe 20 to 25 degrees. Ours doesn't but I wonder if those that do can be a bit loose because of the mechanism.

I will have to try that. Our dealer said nothing about it. Do you just twist the toilet or is it locked?
---------------------------------
'08 Outback 21RS
- Upgraded 19"LCD
- Tornado flush
- Dual 6v.
- Marine battery cutoff switch.
'05 Silverado 2500HD Duramax

#5 User is offline   garyb1st 

  • Outbackers Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • Group: Legacy Member
  • Posts: 353
  • Joined: 06-December 07
  • Member No.: 6,571

Posted 26 November 2008 - 12:52 PM

View PostSilvrsled, on Nov 25 2008, 07:09 PM, said:

View Postgaryb1st, on Nov 25 2008, 05:37 PM, said:

I remember the dealer rep showing us how some of the Outback toilets turn slightly. Maybe 20 to 25 degrees. Ours doesn't but I wonder if those that do can be a bit loose because of the mechanism.

I will have to try that. Our dealer said nothing about it. Do you just twist the toilet or is it locked?


As I recall, he just twisted it. You may want to call Keystone first and verify that it works in your unit. I'd feel awful if you gave it a go and it ended up in the middle of the doorway.
gary and maria
and the cats, leo and katie.


Clifford - Fire Engine Red, 2005 F250 CC Diesel 4X4 Long Bed.
2008 Outback 28KRS
Visit My Website

Posted Image

#6 User is offline   California Jim 

  • Outbackers Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • Group: Legacy Member
  • Posts: 3,915
  • Joined: 11-December 03
  • Member No.: 63
  • Location:S. California
  • Outback/SOB:2004 28BHS
  • Tow Vehicle:2007 K2500 Suburban

Posted 26 November 2008 - 02:15 PM

Just tighten the two bolts holding it down which is most likely the problem. If not then it's possible that the closet ring that the toilet hooks onto is loose. Again an easy fix. Just pull off the toilet and tighten or re-drill the two bolts holding the closet ring to the camper floor. This toilet uses a reusable rubber seal so no need to fool around with a messy wax ring or buy any parts.

I had to redo my closet ring bolts after a tragic Quickie Flush accident. But that's another story :rolleyes:

#7 User is offline   PDX_Doug 

  • Just a boy with a dream!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Honored Member
  • Posts: 11,311
  • Joined: 16-November 04
  • Member No.: 653
  • Location:Beaverton, Oregon
  • Outback/SOB:'05 Outback 28RSDS
  • Tow Vehicle:'08 Ford F350 6.4L PowerStroke

Posted 26 November 2008 - 04:30 PM

I don't mind a Rockin' toilet.
But if mine starts Twistin', I'm gonna Shout!

Happy Trails,
Doug

< Sorry... that was soooo bad! :shy: >
Camping throughout the great Northwest
Doug, Shannon, two Great Kids and PDX_Cowboy (The Wonder Beagle)
TOW VEHICLE: 'Das Brick' '08 Ford F-350 Lariat CC, SRW, 6.4L PowerStroke, 6-Speed manual, 4x4, TowCommand
OUTBACK: 'Outbacker One' '05 28RS-DS, Equal-i-zer W/D-Sway Hitch

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#8 User is offline   rdvholtwood 

  • Outbackers Contributor
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Administrator
  • Posts: 2,895
  • Joined: 18-September 08
  • Member No.: 8,383
  • Location:Holtwood, PA
  • Outback/SOB:250RS
  • Tow Vehicle:2006 Dodge RAM 2500

Posted 26 November 2008 - 04:31 PM

View PostPDX_Doug, on Nov 26 2008, 04:30 PM, said:

I don't mind a Rockin' toilet.
But if mine starts Twistin', I'm gonna Shout!

Happy Trails,
Doug

< Sorry... that was soooo bad! :shy: >


:lol: Now that thar iz funny... :lol:
2009 Outback 250RS
2006 Dodge RAM 2500 4x4, 5.7 Hemi/3.73
Equalizer hitch; P3 Controller; Barker VIP 3500
"Every person is a new door to different world"

#9 User is offline   skippershe 

  • Outbackers Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Honored Member
  • Posts: 8,310
  • Joined: 21-May 06
  • Member No.: 2,165
  • Location:Costa Mesa, Ca.

Posted 26 November 2008 - 06:04 PM

View PostPDX_Doug, on Nov 26 2008, 01:30 PM, said:

I don't mind a Rockin' toilet.
But if mine starts Twistin', I'm gonna Shout!

Happy Trails,
Doug

< Sorry... that was soooo bad! :shy: >

Doug, were you in the shower again? :P
~ Dawn ~
Posted Image Posted Image
TOW VEHICLE: 2007 Dodge SLT Mega Cab 3500 Dually, 5.9 Cummins Diesel, 4x4
OUTBACK: 2006 28KRS (Kargoroo) Jasmine, Equalizer Hitch/12,000 lb, Tekonsha P3 b/c, Atwood 3500 Electric Jack, Honda EU2000i
Myself, best husband ever and our beautiful 7 yr old son...

#10 User is offline   Silvrsled 

  • Member
  • PipPip
  • View gallery
  • Group: Legacy Member
  • Posts: 142
  • Joined: 23-July 08
  • Member No.: 7,907
  • Location:San Diego

Posted 26 November 2008 - 10:36 PM

View PostCalifornia Jim, on Nov 26 2008, 11:15 AM, said:

Just tighten the two bolts holding it down which is most likely the problem. If not then it's possible that the closet ring that the toilet hooks onto is loose. Again an easy fix. Just pull off the toilet and tighten or re-drill the two bolts holding the closet ring to the camper floor. This toilet uses a reusable rubber seal so no need to fool around with a messy wax ring or buy any parts.

I had to redo my closet ring bolts after a tragic Quickie Flush accident. But that's another story :rolleyes:



thanks! The trailer is in storage right now but we plan on doing a camping trip right after Christmas. I'll check it then.
---------------------------------
'08 Outback 21RS
- Upgraded 19"LCD
- Tornado flush
- Dual 6v.
- Marine battery cutoff switch.
'05 Silverado 2500HD Duramax

#11 User is offline   Thor 

  • Outbackers Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Legacy Member
  • Posts: 7,151
  • Joined: 06-April 04
  • Member No.: 256
  • Location:Great White North eh
  • Outback/SOB:2006 31RQS
  • Tow Vehicle:2013 Escalade

Posted 28 November 2008 - 07:06 AM

View PostCalifornia Jim, on Nov 26 2008, 02:15 PM, said:

Just tighten the two bolts holding it down which is most likely the problem. If not then it's possible that the closet ring that the toilet hooks onto is loose. Again an easy fix. Just pull off the toilet and tighten or re-drill the two bolts holding the closet ring to the camper floor. This toilet uses a reusable rubber seal so no need to fool around with a messy wax ring or buy any parts.

I had to redo my closet ring bolts after a tragic Quickie Flush accident. But that's another story :rolleyes:



I forgot about that

Thor
Posted ImagePosted Image

2006 Outback Sydney 31 RQS
2013 Escalade

#12 User is offline   BaseCamp 

  • Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Legacy Member
  • Posts: 65
  • Joined: 09-June 05
  • Member No.: 1,163

Posted 11 December 2008 - 01:28 AM

My 06 21RS developed the same problem was year. It started to leak where the toilet meets the floor. It turns out the hole was cut off center at the factory and they cut a couple of inches more to the side in order to line-up. This left 2 of the screws with no wood to bite into. The remaining 2 screws held up for the first year but failed in the second year (after the warranty expired of course).

I was able to find a metal ring at Home Depot made for repairing a home toilet. Works great.
BaseCamp
2006 Toyota Tundra Double Cab
2006 Outback 21RS in tow

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users