Outbacker RV Forum banner

Corrugated Plastic Underbelly

26K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  Scoutr2 
#1 ·
I've been looking at all of these posts for a couple of months and almost all of the information I have needed is already there, but on my last trip I lost the underbelly from the front of my trailer all the wqay back to the axels. Does anybody know where I can find this material to replace it?

#3 ·
yes, do you have one of those craft stores around? Like here in Virginia we have a chain craft store called Michaels. They have the plastic corrugated stuff there. Its near the poster boards. They use that stuff to make signs, like for campaigns and yard sale signs.
I use it for targets

I have a link somewhere where you can buy it online, but you shouldn't have to. take a small piece to a crafts store and they will hook you up.

I have been putting 2" x 3" by 8' across the bottom inside the frame and cleaning up the wiring and plastic pipes under there. I use fender washers with a Phillips head screw to hold it up across the bottom. I call that area under the floor inside that plastic cover the 'crawl space'.
Then when I need to get to a section under there, I just take the screws out for that section only and not the whole cover down.

If you seal it along the edges with black silicon, it keeps the mice and spiders out too.

I will see if I have that link.
Git-R-done

#6 ·
I have bought coroplast (corrugated plastic) in 4' x 8' sheets at a sign business. They had a wide variety of colors too. I wanted it for a guinea pig cage. I only paid about $17.00 because it wasn't for a sign. I was told that if it's for a project other than a sign I can have it for less than 1/2 the price.

Hope this helps.
Helen

#8 ·
Our 5'er has rigid plastic panels for the underbody. The only issues I see with wood are poor weather performance and weight.

#9 ·
I lost mine this past month as well. I noticed it was sagging after I took it out of storage and the plastic was ripping from the screws... almost like there was a heavy weight on the plastic. I repaired it with 6mm 4x8 plastic sheets from Menard and tripled the number of self tapping screws. So does anyone know if there is a water problem that is letting water into the space to cause the sag? I know the water tank is not the source.

Just to be safe, I polked holes in the center front and aft of the water tank.

28BH

#10 ·
I lost mine this past month as well. I noticed it was sagging after I took it out of storage and the plastic was ripping from the screws... almost like there was a heavy weight on the plastic. I repaired it with 6mm 4x8 plastic sheets from Menard and tripled the number of self tapping screws. So does anyone know if there is a water problem that is letting water into the space to cause the sag? I know the water tank is not the source.

Just to be safe, I polked holes in the center front and aft of the water tank.
Yep, that's how I discovered my leak. Never noticed the water loss with 50 gallons to start with, so don't be too sure. I finally poked a hole in the big bulge and got wet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.