Alarm Going Off

#1 User is offline   2lman 

• PipPip
  • Group: Legacy Member
  • Member No.: 8,735
  • Outback/SOB:2002 26rs
  • Tow Vehicle:2003 Dodge Ram Lone Star Hemi

Posted 09 October 2009 - 07:49 PM

I came home tonight and could hear an alarm going off inside the camper from my driveway. I opened the door and turned on the light to investigate. The light didn't come on because the battery is about dead and the alarm stopped when I flipped the switch. I unplugged the shore power the other night and forgot to unhook the battery. Is the dead battery related to the alarm going off? Is it the carbon monoxide detector? The propane was turned off at the time. Do I have a problem?

Thanks
Outback 26RS
Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab Hemi

#2 User is offline   OutbackPM 

• Outbackers Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • Member No.: 1,503

Posted 09 October 2009 - 07:58 PM

View Post2lman, on 09 October 2009 - 08:49 PM, said:

I came home tonight and could hear an alarm going off inside the camper from my driveway. I opened the door and turned on the light to investigate. The light didn't come on because the battery is about dead and the alarm stopped when I flipped the switch. I unplugged the shore power the other night and forgot to unhook the battery. Is the dead battery related to the alarm going off? Is it the carbon monoxide detector? The propane was turned off at the time. Do I have a problem?

Thanks

The propane alarm will drain the battery in about 2 weeks then it will go off with the low voltage. I think that is what you were hearing. Just charge it up before you disconect the battery.
06 26RS-Sold Mar 08
08 Crossroads Kingston 35GB
Pullrite 5th Hitch
2006 LLY Duramax Silverado 2500 Crew Cab
Pullrite super gluide 18K, Prodigy brake controller

#3 User is offline   swanny 

• Icon
  • View gallery
  • Group: KOALA Club Charter Member
  • Member No.: 6,447

Posted 09 October 2009 - 08:27 PM

My co2 alarm was going off one day after towing. so i got the manual out and found out that the blinking light in the front of the unit will give a code. Sorry I don't remember if It blinked or change colors. In my case it needed to be reset. This was done by holding in the test button.

kevin
'07 GMC 2500HD CLASSIC DMAX / ALLISON EXTENDED CAB 4X4
'09 Montana 3465SA 10th Anniversary / Traded in Outback 32FRLDS
'04 SKEETER 18' F/S 150HP YAMAHA 4stroke
Kevin & Kathy / boys: Kevin - Jeff - Jason
Goldens: Kobe & Yogi

Our Travels and Things
Posted Image Posted Image

#4 User is offline   Scoutr2 

• Outbackers Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • Member No.: 2,630
  • Outback/SOB:2007 29BHS Outback
  • Tow Vehicle:2007 2500 HD 4X4 Chevy Crew Cab - 6.0L gas

Posted 09 October 2009 - 09:12 PM

View PostOutbackPM, on 09 October 2009 - 08:58 PM, said:

View Post2lman, on 09 October 2009 - 08:49 PM, said:

Thanks

The propane alarm will drain the battery in about 2 weeks then it will go off with the low voltage. I think that is what you were hearing. Just charge it up before you disconect the battery.

X2. Nearly dead battery is the giveaway. That's my suspicion. But the other alarms will sound if their internal batteries are low, too.
A good charge will probably cure this problem. If it doesn't, then either the CO detector or the smoke/fire alarm have low batteries.

Soon after getting the Outback, I installed a battery disconnect switch in order to avoid this situation. With the battery disconnected, the propane leak detector cannot sound. And my battery will stay strong for weeks.

Just my $.02.

Mike
Posted ImagePosted Image

2007 29BHS pulled with a 2007 4WD Chevy Silverado 2500HD, 6.0L - 4:10 Axle Ratio - Prodigy - Equal-i-zer WD Hitch w/1200# bars

#5 User is offline   Ghosty 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • Member No.: 716
  • Outback/SOB:2009 OPEN RANGE 335BHS
  • Tow Vehicle:2008 CHEV SILVERADO 2500HD 6.6L

Posted 10 October 2009 - 01:34 PM

x 3 ...

Low battery = alrm will sound...

Charge the battery .... purchase a cutoff switch for the battery....
2009 OPEN RANGE 335BHS (former 2005 23RS OUTBACK)

2008 Chev Silverado 2500HD CrewCab 6.6L DURAMAX Diesel LB

2*85W Kyocera solar panels. 4 TROJAN 6V (2/125 + 2/145), 2002 Harley Electra Glide,

me, DW, b8, g14

Retired Army LTC.

#6 User is offline   proffsionl 

• Icon
  • Group: KOALA Club Charter Member
  • Member No.: 788
  • Outback/SOB:2009 Open Range 399BHS
  • Tow Vehicle:2006 Dodge Ram 2500 Megacab CTD 4x4

Posted 11 October 2009 - 06:56 AM

View PostGhosty, on 10 October 2009 - 01:34 PM, said:

x 3 ...

Low battery = alrm will sound...

Charge the battery .... purchase a cutoff switch for the battery....

You might double check your basement...our OR came with a battery disconnect switch in the basement. I leave it off when the trailer is in storage.

Now, here's a funny one. We were staying overnight on the lake last summer and since it was cool, decided to leave the generator off (didn't need A/C). About 4 AM the low battery alarm starts going off on our CO2 detector. No problem, I think, then I go to start the genny and the impeller ate itself. To add insult to injury, there is no way to cancel or disable the alarm. So, for the next several hours (until we got on shore power), I had to listen to that stinkin' alarm (so did the folks we were tied up with).

Why do these things always happen at 4 AM?

See you in Fredericksburg!!! thumbright
2006 Dodge Ram 2500 Megacab 4x4 CTD
Kevin (me), Terri (wife), Aidan (10), Alec (9)
Austin, Texas[/font]

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users