No Heat In Bedroom. - Problems, Solutions & After Market - Outback RV Owners Forum

Photo

No Heat In Bedroom.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 airgrunt82

airgrunt82

• Legacy Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 February 2021 - 12:41 PM

I have seen a few people with the same issue but no real solution or if anyone has completely fixed it. So here is my story. I have a 2020 outback 324cg and the rear bedroom receives next to no hot air from the vent. I took to the dealership to have this fixed under warranty, which it still is, and their response was "it's not broken and can't be fixed under warranty as there is still airflow, the techs use a sheet of paper and the airflow moved it which indicates that there no blockage". I ran this same test when I got home and the sheet of paper moved about a 1/4 inch before it stops. How, why would they consider this "airflow". airflow from the vent under the stove is great, from living area floor vent is great even though it a foot away from stove, vent in the garage is good, vent to underbelly I am assuming is good as I haven't had a freezing problem. I have blocked all the vents registers at the blower box to see if the airflow would increase, it is a no for that. We have had to use a small space heater to keep the bedroom warm on some of the cold camping nights. My next move it to drop the belly pan and water tank. Has anyone found a good fix for this>? Anyone have videos or pictures of this being done? Thank you for any advice

Edit- I am waiting on my airflow meter to come in so i can take readings at all the vents to make a video to send to Keystone warranty.

#2 thefulminator

thefulminator

Master Member

• KOALA Club Charter Member
  • 2139 posts
  • Outback/SOB:2013 Outback 250RS, Moonlight
  • Tow Vehicle:2009 Silverado LT 1500 4x4 Crew Cab

Posted 11 February 2021 - 12:02 AM

One time we had a similar problem with our 250RS.  The furnace in our trailer is a box with multiple round holes in it.  Some of them have ducts connected and some have cover plates.  On one of our trips one of the cover plates fell off.  I'm sure it was all the vibration from going down the road eventually shook it loose.  I would check at the furnace to see if one of the connections is loose or disconnected.  You could still be getting some air flow with a partially disconnected duct.  You could also start up the heat and go around to any holes in the belly and see if you can feel air coming out.

2009 Silverado LT 1500 4X4 Crew Cab, 9500 lb towing capacity with Putnam XDR and Equalizer 10K, + 2013 Outback 250RS, Moonlight
Me ('65), DW ('68), DS1 ('99), DS2 ('03), Dwoof ('12)

We all bleed Orange and Black, GO BEAVS
gallery_6092_1466_7959.jpggallery_653_832_11751.jpg

#3 ob277rl

ob277rl

Master Member

• Legacy Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1543 posts
  • Outback/SOB:2013 277RL Reese WD hitch
  • Tow Vehicle:2010 Ford F-150 Sup Crw 4X4

Posted 11 February 2021 - 12:26 PM

Closing off the other vents to increase airflow to that outlet to check it would have been my first suggestion. Being that this didn't help leads me to believe that the trunk line to that outlet might be crushed or come loose. Also I found that when the installer has to install the flex duct they don't get much time to do each task. I found an excessive amount of duct lying in the under belly because there wasn't enough time to stretch it tight cut it off and make the connection that would make for better air flow.

Good Luck

Robert 

If would like to view all of my photos, you will need to login to the site first. Because it isnt in the public albums that are viewable by visitors only.

I would like to share my valuable 1500 past post but they have mysteriously disappeared.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users