#1 dharris

dharris

• Legacy Member
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Outback/SOB:2006 27RSDS
  • Tow Vehicle:2006 Ford F150 5.4 V8

Posted 02 August 2007 - 09:18 AM

What have any of you done to better stabilize your trailer? Was thinking of swapping out the cheap stab jacks that come with the trailer with better ones. Also, if I don't extend them as much and use wood blocks to make up for the height, will this help my stock jacks work better?

Thanks all,
Don

2006 F150 XLT Supercrew 4x4
Outback TT 27RSDS

#2 Humpty

Humpty

Outbackers Contributor

• Legacy Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 820 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 09:54 AM

Real tight wheel chocks help.

I put one on each side of the trailer, then ease forward onto them, set the brake, and position one more one each side to stop backwards movement. When I release the brake, the trailer 'settles' onto the chocks and all are very tight.

After that, level the trailer and lower the stabilizer jacks until they are 'snug'.

#3 E9E1CEF

E9E1CEF

• Legacy Member
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 11:25 AM

Don
I made a set of wheel chocks that go between the wheels. With the rod and nut going through the chocks you can get them nice and tight. I then made blocks to put under my stabilizers so they don’t have to be extended so far. Still get a little rocking, but not near as bad as it was. Search the forum and you can find a picture of the homemade wheel chocks.

CEF
2007 27RSDS
2001 Chevy Silverado LS 2500HD Ext Cab 4x4 Diesel

#4 Scoutr2

Scoutr2

Outbackers Contributor

• Legacy Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2139 posts
  • Outback/SOB:2015 Jayco Jay Flight 32RLDS
  • Tow Vehicle:2007 2500 HD 4X4 Chevy Crew Cab - 6.0L gas

Posted 02 August 2007 - 11:41 AM

The BAL Tire Locking Chocks work real well. I use two of them, between the wheels on either side, and they really stop the front to rear movement well. There is a world of difference after I install them each time we set up. I even use them when we are overnighting and stay hooked up to the truck.

Here's a link: BAL Deluxe Tire Locking Chock

You may be able to find these for less money elsewhere, but these are what I recommend. (I bought mine for about $40 each from a local RV Supply store.)

Mike
Posted ImagePosted Image

2007 29BHS pulled with a 2007 4WD Chevy Silverado 2500HD, 6.0L - 4:10 Axle Ratio - Prodigy - Equal-i-zer WD Hitch w/1200# bars

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users