• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 thehossman

thehossman

• Legacy Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 02:23 PM

Just broke a right side spring on my 2005 25RSS. On the interstate, blinding rain. Good samaritan helped put block of wood and I crept to trailer repair shop. ARGI (Raleigh) has some in stock but not sure if any would fit. Does anyone know what size (length/width) will fit. I know they have to be 1500#.

#2 TwoElkhounds

TwoElkhounds

Outbackers Contributor

• KOALA Club Charter Member
  • 994 posts
  • Outback/SOB:2012 301BQ
  • Tow Vehicle:Dodge 2500 Megacab CTD

Posted 13 July 2013 - 03:55 PM

I do not know the size, but it should not matter as I would recommend you upgrade and replace all four springs. The stock springs are marginal, at best. Replace all four with a five spring leaf spring with a higher rating, any small differences in size will either not matter (since you are replacing all of them) or can be compensated for within the suspension hardware. If you replace just one, you may find yourself in the same position again later.

I had a spring break on the road last year in Canada, this is exactly what I did. I upgraded all four of my leaf springs to prevent this from happening again. It was in the shop and the springs are relatively cheap. I think all four springs will cost you about $100 for parts. Then there is the labor, which will probably be in the range of $250. But then it is done and the worry is gone.

Upgrade and replace all four springs with higher rated versions, you will not regret it.

DAN
2006 Dodge Megacab CTD
2012 Outback 301BQ - Tenth Anniversary Edition

#3 TXJax

TXJax

• Legacy Member
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Outback/SOB:28RSDS
  • Tow Vehicle:Ford F350

Posted 19 February 2021 - 12:50 PM

If one should upgrade their leaf springs, what would the upgrade be?  From where?

We do not have any good repair folks in our small town.

2007 Keystone Outback 28RSDS 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users