How To Reset The Carrier Air V - Page 2 - Outback HVAC & Appliances - Outback RV Owners Forum

Photo

How To Reset The Carrier Air V

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16 beagle187

beagle187

• Legacy Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Outback/SOB:29bhs
  • Tow Vehicle:Ford F150

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:20 AM

I wish I would have read this post last year when we were baking at the campsite. Was told on the phone by a camper place that my AC had to be replaced. I just replaced it yesterday and still had the same problem with the blinking light after a few minutes. I just went and did the reset, but it was still shutting off after about 5 or 10 minutes.
I called the same camper place and they told me it could be an issue with my 12 Volt batter on the camper. So I went and disconnected it, took it up town and had it tested. They said the battery is bad. Now I am going to take it to be replaced. Hopefully this will clear up my problems.

Now that I've spent $125 for on site HVAC tech to tell me it couldn't be fixed, $300 for portable AC unit for the weekend last year so we didn't bake, and $615 for new rooftop AC unit.
Turns out it could have just been a $100 battery.

#17 hotrodz0321

hotrodz0321

• Legacy Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Tow Vehicle:2008 f-450 CrewCab King Ranch

Posted 21 July 2014 - 02:56 PM

I wish I would have read this post last year when we were baking at the campsite. Was told on the phone by a camper place that my AC had to be replaced. I just replaced it yesterday and still had the same problem with the blinking light after a few minutes. I just went and did the reset, but it was still shutting off after about 5 or 10 minutes.
I called the same camper place and they told me it could be an issue with my 12 Volt batter on the camper. So I went and disconnected it, took it up town and had it tested. They said the battery is bad. Now I am going to take it to be replaced. Hopefully this will clear up my problems.

Now that I've spent $125 for on site HVAC tech to tell me it couldn't be fixed, $300 for portable AC unit for the weekend last year so we didn't bake, and $615 for new rooftop AC unit.
Turns out it could have just been a $100 battery.

I was wondering if your issue was resolved by replacing the battery. We have the same unit with the same problem. We are travel nurses and are going to be going to Arizona in a couple weeks and living out of our RV. One of our a/c units works and does a good job keeping the rv cool at nights, unfortunately we work nights and are at home during the days when it is hottest and just having one unit doesn't do the trick here in Florida. I have done the reset on the non-working unit and it comes on for a few minutes and shuts off and I deal with the blinking green light again. If the battery issue fixed your problem them im going to try that next. Any information would be appreciated.

#18 LightningFan

LightningFan

• Legacy Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 04:11 PM

Thank you so much for posting this!  I know this is an old thread, and you probably won't see it, but you have made my day!!!!!

#19 Bronconiner

Bronconiner

• Legacy Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 June 2020 - 01:38 PM

I am having a similar issue with my Carrier Air V HC unit.  I have tried to disconnect the low voltage power and the shore power then reconnect them and the compressor will not turn on. The blower fan works and the condenser fan runs but the compressor makes a humming sound every few minutes.  I have read posts indicating to check the batteries in the camper but have not tried this step. I have seen the blinking light on the ceiling controller as well.  Trying to avoid having to replace the unit.

Any help to get this running again would be greatly appreciated! thank you in advance.

#20 ob277rl

ob277rl

Master Member

• Legacy Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1523 posts
  • Outback/SOB:2013 277RL Reese 1,200 lb Dual Cam Sway Control
  • Tow Vehicle:2010 F150 4X4 SCrw XLT 5.4L- 6.5ft -Tow -Hlpr Spgs

Posted 16 June 2020 - 04:42 PM

If the fan comes on and the compressor keeps trying to start then the first thing to check is the start capacitor for the compressor. Some times you can visually see that the capacitor is bad because it will be fluffed up or leaking from the top. If it looks ok then you will have to check the capacitance with a multi meter that has that capability.

Good Luck
Robert

#21 Bronconiner

Bronconiner

• Legacy Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 June 2020 - 04:48 PM

I changed the capacitor out with a new one to take that issue out of the equation. The compressor hums every few minutes even after the capacitor change.

Thank you

#22 ob277rl

ob277rl

Master Member

• Legacy Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1523 posts
  • Outback/SOB:2013 277RL Reese 1,200 lb Dual Cam Sway Control
  • Tow Vehicle:2010 F150 4X4 SCrw XLT 5.4L- 6.5ft -Tow -Hlpr Spgs

Posted 16 June 2020 - 11:12 PM

It sounds like you have a locked rotor and what is happening is the thermal protection is cycling on and off. It could be time for a new unit.

Good Luck
Robert

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users