• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Capt'n Kirk

Capt'n Kirk

• Legacy Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 October 2020 - 12:45 PM

To All, I found this forum while watching a review on Keystone Outbacks. My wife and have always been tent campers and have taken our kids camping for over 35 years. Now that they have all grown our dream has been to travel and see the U.S. Canada and maybe if we get brave enough Parts of Mexico. I bought my set up from a close family friend who's husband died in 2017. I was after "Stroker" because i need something to tow with. Stroker is a rare find. 2001 F250 7.3 diesel #8800 tow package extra large coolant pans for trans and engine electric locking rear and more. This was the last 7.3 F250 sold. What i found is they had a 2013 260FL in perfect condition so she made us a fantastic deal to take them both. With the COVID thing we have held off starting our adventures for now but hope to start camping with them next year.

We have been looking for lake front property for years on several Va and NC lakes but it was till September 2020 that we found our retirement lot. We love Smith Mountain Lake in Virginia but never found a lot we liked that we could afford till now. The camper will become our temporary residents while we build our retirement home. Starting next year we plan to make short trips to get use to the unit and all the nuances that go with RV Living. Starting in 2022 we hope to make our first long ventures by going up the east coast to New England, Nova Scotia, Down thru Canada and back in to the States through Niagara Falls. After that we haven't decided which paths our journey will lead. We are both still full time but hope to retire in the next 5 years. Before the travel is done i hope to see all 49 CONUS states Most of Canada and Maybe Mexico.

I Know the Trailer has had some upgrades but I'm not sure what. As with my Avalanche and Sea Ray boat the forums have always been a great place to get ideas and find out what and what doesn't work. Please feel free to let me know things you've done to improve your units and things i should look for to help make my experience fun and enjoyable. 

#2 ob277rl

ob277rl

Master Member

• Legacy Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1536 posts
  • Outback/SOB:2013 277RL Reese WD hitch
  • Tow Vehicle:2010 Ford F-150 Sup Crw 4X4

Posted 27 October 2020 - 07:38 PM

Welcome to the forum, you are about to start on a great adventure. Once you get into your trailer tell us what the previous owner did to it.

Good Luck
Robert
If would like to view all of my photos, you will need to login to the site first. Because it isnt in the public albums that are viewable by visitors only.

I would like to share my valuable 1500 past post but they have mysteriously disappeared.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users