Police Too! - Polls - Outback RV Owners Forum

Photo

Police Too!

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

Poll: Police Too (74 member(s) have cast votes)

How many?

1. Paid Full Time (41 votes [55.41%])

Percentage of vote: 55.41%

2. Paid on Call (1 votes [1.35%])

Percentage of vote: 1.35%

3. Paid Retiree (4 votes [5.41%])

Percentage of vote: 5.41%

4. Volunteer (5 votes [6.76%])

Percentage of vote: 6.76%

5. Volunteer Retiree (2 votes [2.70%])

Percentage of vote: 2.70%

6. Family Member in Law Enforcement (21 votes [28.38%])

Percentage of vote: 28.38%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Doxie-Doglover-Too

Doxie-Doglover-Too

Outbackers Contributor

• KOALA Club Charter Member
  • 7794 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 05:18 AM

have to keep up with Firefighters!

Rick is 53 , works the streets and can still take down the bad guys, kick in a door, and keeps up in foot pursuits, boy does he have stories to tell.

He is 31 years on the job, could retire in 12 days, but COULD doesn't hold much water when there are bills to pay, besides, he'd drive me nuts! :P
2012 Cougar 31SQBWE- 2007 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel 5.9 Cummins 4x4- Prodigy Brake Control- Equalizer Hitch-
Electric Jack- 2 Honda Generators -[email protected] Life Is What YOU Make It.........

#2 bradnbecca

bradnbecca

Outbackers Contributor

• Legacy Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • Outback/SOB:2007 Everest 364Q
  • Tow Vehicle:2007 Dodge 3500 Quad cab 6.7/aut0

Posted 02 March 2007 - 08:25 AM

+1 here. 22+ years. I have gotten paid to play with dogs and ride motors!!!!

I still think I have the best job in the world.

Oh, and haven't had a doughnut in years . . . . . . .
Brad, Becky and the wrecking crew ( Willow, Sheba and Loui)

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 10:25 AM

Still going strong here. Can't wait for retirement and fulltiming. thumbleft

#4 egregg57

egregg57

Outbackers Poet Laureate

• 3731 posts
  • Outback/SOB:2015 Montana 3750FL
  • Tow Vehicle:2013 Ford F-350 6.7L CC ...Still NOT Kevins Truck!

Posted 02 March 2007 - 11:49 AM

My brother has been a town cop for a long time, involved in SWAT and good stuff like that. He did snag me going through town a bit fast. Gave me a choice take a warning or he told Mom. I took the warning.... :rolleyes:

ribbon-clipart-picture5.gifef51083f-9f93-45af-b76c-13822a79d00b.jpgVisitedStatesMap-1.jpg
2013 Ford F-350 Crew Cab 6.7L PS Diesel, Reese 20K Hitch, 2015 Montana 3750FL, MODS: 10Db signal booster, Sirius/XM Mod.

#5 GlenninTexas

GlenninTexas

Outbackers Contributor

• Legacy Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1354 posts
  • Tow Vehicle:2011 Ram 1500 4x4

Posted 02 March 2007 - 12:10 PM

My son is a cop in Ft. Worth.

I don't think police officers can retire now until they've been on an episode of COPS!

Regards, Glenn
Regards from Dripping Springs, Texas

2011 Ram 1500 4x4

#6 bradnbecca

bradnbecca

Outbackers Contributor

• Legacy Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • Outback/SOB:2007 Everest 364Q
  • Tow Vehicle:2007 Dodge 3500 Quad cab 6.7/aut0

Posted 02 March 2007 - 12:37 PM

I don't think police officers can retire now until they've been on an episode of COPS!

Regards, Glenn

been there, done that, even got the t-shirt (and cap)

those episodes are still in rerun- it is funny seeing my co workers from when they still had hair ( and when it was some color other than grey !!!!).
Brad, Becky and the wrecking crew ( Willow, Sheba and Loui)

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#7 Doxie-Doglover-Too

Doxie-Doglover-Too

Outbackers Contributor

• 7794 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 02:38 PM

Regards, Glenn

been there, done that, even got the t-shirt (and cap)

those episodes are still in rerun- it is funny seeing my co workers from when they still had hair ( and when it was some color other than grey !!!!).

:P
2012 Cougar 31SQBWE- 2007 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel 5.9 Cummins 4x4- Prodigy Brake Control- Equalizer Hitch-
Electric Jack- 2 Honda Generators -[email protected] Life Is What YOU Make It.........

Master Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1112 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 07:11 PM

I'll have to vote twice to cover it... Won't let me select two categories, or three. Years ago, I was an unpaid aux deputy, before I was a volunteer firefighter. I retired last year from my former city, and volunteered there for some years writing accessible parking tickets.

Oh, and boykid is a cop in Ft Collins, CO. Not pertinent here, but parental pride being what it is, I gotta say he has been put in for their department's Distinguished Service Medal for his work with at-risk kids, which includes running a summer camp for 13-16 year olds, on his own time. We be lucky; we get to hang around and try to be useful for the camp. PK is the kids' drug controller. I keep the gennies and refers running. Gennies run only during the day, BTW!

Little pic there is from the camp area.

Sluggo

#9 W Podboy

W Podboy

• 165 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 11:40 PM

Reserve Deputy for 27 years.
21 years assigned to Air Rescue as Flight Medic / Crew Chief. Also functioned as SWAT Medic
Also Primary Instructor for Search and Rescue academy....

Wife is also a Reserve Deputy and flew as a Flight Nurse...
We were on bunches of rescue 911 type of shows.... We were the only husband wife team doing Air Rescue in the nation at that time.

Hated doing the shows.... never showed the real story...Oh well, thats Hollywood !!!!

On the other side, I did deliver the first babyborn in a helicopter. They recorded the place of birth as the tailnumber on the helicopter and the address as the longitude , latitude. The named the kid Huey, after the helicopter. aka Baby Huey !!!! sad part, was that the baby was a girl.... Honest !!!!!

Wes
Wes & Marie
Cessna & Helo (My Buddy RIP)( German Shepards )
'05 F250 Powerstroke
2 EU2000i
Solar Panels
West Coast Marine Battery Combiner
Dirt Devil Central Vacuum
Garnet Technology Ultra Sonic Tank Level System
LED lights
Posted Image

#10 Doxie-Doglover-Too

Doxie-Doglover-Too

Outbackers Contributor

• 7794 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 07:35 AM

Reserve Deputy for 27 years.
21 years assigned to Air Rescue as Flight Medic / Crew Chief. Also functioned as SWAT Medic
Also Primary Instructor for Search and Rescue academy....

Wife is also a Reserve Deputy and flew as a Flight Nurse...
We were on bunches of rescue 911 type of shows.... We were the only husband wife team doing Air Rescue in the nation at that time.

Hated doing the shows.... never showed the real story...Oh well, thats Hollywood !!!!

On the other side, I did deliver the first babyborn in a helicopter. They recorded the place of birth as the tailnumber on the helicopter and the address as the longitude , latitude. The named the kid Huey, after the helicopter. aka Baby Huey !!!! sad part, was that the baby was a girl.... Honest !!!!!

Wes

Guess they coulda named her Wesley! Weslina? Wesleyann? ha! ha! that girl will spend the rest of her life explaining her name, kinda like the skier Peekaboo. I knew a gal named MYOWN, when she was born after 4 boys, her father held her and said, "I finally have my own little girl.)
what an impressive career! way cool!( I won't go near a helicopter, 2 biggest unexplainable fears in life: Bears and Helicoptors.)

#11 Katrina

Katrina

Outbackers Contributer

• Legacy Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1806 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 09:05 AM

Raised by a career Military cop here.
Dad retired and found himself a job cuttin grass at the local golf course.
Fast forward a few years and he's back at work full time on the city force, I've yet to figure that one out.
Sig pic removed until I can find time to get it resized.
in the meantime, visit my family website at http://www.Outbackerjim.com

#12 Doxie-Doglover-Too

Doxie-Doglover-Too

Outbackers Contributor

• 7794 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 12:32 PM

Raised by a career Military cop here.
Dad retired and found himself a job cuttin grass at the local golf course.
Fast forward a few years and he's back at work full time on the city force, I've yet to figure that one out.

you can take the cop out of law enforcement but you can't law enforcement out of the cop........

#13 hatcityhosehauler

hatcityhosehauler

Outbackers Contributor

• Legacy Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4452 posts
  • Outback/SOB:Outback Sydney 32BHDS
  • Tow Vehicle:2009 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD

Posted 03 March 2007 - 03:10 PM

Well, as you all know from my screen name, I did not go into the family business. My Dad did 30 years on one of the local PD's, and retired a Sgt. My late FIL was a retired NYPD Capt.

If you watch the movie the NYPD's 41st Pct. "Fort Apache, The Bronx" with Paul Newman and Ed Ansner, in one scene, the Capt is holding Roll Call, and there is a chaulk board in the background, my FIL handwriting is all over the board. They filled that at the 40th Pct. in the Bronx, and he was the C.O. there at the time.

Tim
Tim (46), Clare (3alete) (XX), Timmy (13), Erin-Marie (10), Tucker (12 yo Yellow Lab)

Posted Image Local 801

Master Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1112 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 06:50 PM

[/quote]
I won't go near a helicopter, 2 biggest unexplainable fears in life: Bears and Helicoptors.
[/quote]

Spend enough time with either one, and the "unexplainable" goes away.

Sluggo

#15 Doxie-Doglover-Too

Doxie-Doglover-Too

Outbackers Contributor

• 7794 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 09:55 PM

[quote name='Sluggo54' date='Mar 3 2007, 03:50 PM' post='194011']
[/quote]
I won't go near a helicopter, 2 biggest unexplainable fears in life: Bears and Helicoptors.
[/quote]

Spend enough time with either one, and the "unexplainable" goes away.

Sluggo
[/quote]
:o :unsure:
I love animals and I love to fly just not that animal and not that means of transportation! If Life Flight ever has to get me, I'll die enroute from FEAR! :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users