Outbackers Id Yourself!! - Page 2 - Southwest Sightings - Outback RV Owners Forum

Photo

Outbackers Id Yourself!!

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 Sir Campselot

Sir Campselot

• Legacy Member
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Outback/SOB:2010 268RL
  • Tow Vehicle:2009 Dodge 2500 Cummins Diesel

Posted 26 February 2009 - 10:02 AM

This is certainly food for thought and perhaps someone should not telegraph their future plans and dates. Make reference afterwards if you have these concerns.

If someone really wants information about you they can follow you home or even track you by your car license plate etc. Your license plate is public record. I found a hit and run this way. You only need to pay a small fee to get name and address.

I will not live my life in fear or paranoia.

Respectfully,
Sir
"Sir Campselot"
Curtis, Donna and the 2 Girls (Dixie & Daisey)
2010 268RL
2009 Dodge 2500 Quad 6.7 Cummins / 3.73
Equal-i-zer Hitch / Prodigy BC

#17 Rob_G

Rob_G

• Legacy Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts
  • Outback/SOB:2008 Keystone Outback 30QBHS
  • Tow Vehicle:2008 Nissan Titan SE Crew Cab

Posted 26 February 2009 - 10:05 AM

OH... ME NEITHER!!! As I said.. just something that flew across the vast emptiness of my mind for a moment. I've since relapsed to my normal Homer Simpson-esque vegetative state! :D

D'OH!!
Posted Image
Rob, Cindy, Dakota (DS-16), & Cheyenne (DD-7) | 2012 Nissan Titan Pro4X Crew Cab | 2008 Keystone Outback 30QBHS
Equal-i-zer 10K/1K Hitch | Prodigy Brake Control
Quoted from TitanFlyer 02/24/09 - "... this camping thing is getting expensive."

#18 Nathan

Nathan

Outbackers Contributor

• Honored Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5524 posts
  • Outback/SOB:Rockwood Minilite 2306
  • Tow Vehicle:2009 Ford Flex

Posted 26 February 2009 - 11:20 AM

This is certainly food for thought and perhaps someone should not telegraph their future plans and dates. Make reference afterwards if you have these concerns.

If someone really wants information about you they can follow you home or even track you by your car license plate etc. Your license plate is public record. I found a hit and run this way. You only need to pay a small fee to get name and address.

I will not live my life in fear or paranoia.

Respectfully,
Sir

And that is exactly why leave my license plates off all of my vehicles. We can't be too careful. :D

I don't post exact trip dates normally, and don't post my address (Although apparently you can get it from that aforementioned plate). :rolleyes:
But I also keep in mind that when traveling, I have the important things in the truck with me (no, not the computer, the family! thumbright )

I need to put some decals on the SOB this spring, since I'm an outbacker in disguise. :whistling:
Nathan
DW / DS - '03 / DD - '06
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Previous Combos:
Winstar / Coleman Cheyenne - F150 / OB 28RSDS - F350 / OB 28RSDS - F350 / Cedar Creek Silverback 33LBHTS

#19 Oregon_Camper

Oregon_Camper

Outbackers Contributor

• Administrator
  • 18051 posts
  • Outback/SOB:2015 Heartland Bighorn 3160
  • Tow Vehicle:2016 Ford F-350 6.7L Diesel

Posted 26 February 2009 - 12:50 PM

Little story that got me thinking about this.... had a coworker notice the stickers on our outback one day in the parking lot. never said anything about the stickers specifically. month later made a comment (joke) in the hallway that he was heading to DT's this weekend for the party. I said why would you go to our house for a party, were going to be up north. he said i know were having a party while your away......long story short, (too late, i know) he had logged on here and was "stalking" me (as i like to joke with him about). Anyways kind of creaped me out that somebody could see the sticker then track what your doing by having your username on the sticker. I was thinking of removing the username part.

Hasn't been discussed much lately but it boils down to just being smart about the information you put online. Even in our beloved Outbackers as it is open to the public.

That crossed my mind as well, but I think having the trailer parked in front of my house for the 2 days prior to a trip is a bigger red flag that I'm leaving...and the bad guy know EXACTLY where I live, they don't have to hunt it up off this site and that site.

Bottom line...things can happen and I can't control them. I have an alarm in the house...and watchful neighbors. Beyond that, I agree with Nathan...the most important things in my life are in the truck with me.

Let's go camping!!! thumbright thumbright

sml_gallery_535_64_2030.jpg

gallery_535_2497_5704.jpg

Pre-Delivery Inspection (PDI) is now on our Blog Page  - RV With The Tanners

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users