What's Happened To Outbackers.com? - Outbackers.com Website Problems, Help, etc. - Outback RV Owners Forum

Photo

What's Happened To Outbackers.com?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Todd&Regan

Todd&Regan

• Legacy Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Outback/SOB:2014 Outback 301BQ
  • Tow Vehicle:2012 Ford F-250 XLT, 6.7L diesel

Posted 21 April 2018 - 01:56 PM

I got a message today from another outbackers member that really got me thinking about this site.  Can anyone tell me what's happened to outbackers.com?  This question is for members more senior then me.  I've been a member since July, 2010, and have seen the popularity and number of thread posts tank over the years.  Seems to me it started in 2011 when PDX_Doug sold the site to Auto Forums.  He must have been the guy who held the whole thing together?  What, if anything, can be done to save outbackers.com?

Todd

Todd, DW Regan

#2 madmaxmutt

madmaxmutt

• Legacy Member
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 22 April 2018 - 09:00 PM

As a recent convert to Outback, I can only say that I wish it were more active. The Keystone forum works for some things, but Outback info is pretty limited there.

#3 Oregon_Camper

Oregon_Camper

Outbackers Contributor

• Administrator
  • 18047 posts
  • Outback/SOB:2015 Heartland Bighorn 3160
  • Tow Vehicle:2016 Ford F-350 6.7L Diesel

Posted 22 April 2018 - 09:34 PM

Back in the day, there was a LOT of traffic on this site.   Not sure why the activity has dropped..but you're right it has.

Some folks spun out and started a new forum (Dog and Trailer) but that site gets like 1 post a day...if that.  The guy(s) that started it recently were trying to sell it.

Years back when this site was VERY active, there were not a lot of other ways to get info.   Now there are YouTube sites...Facebook sites...even an Outback Facebook page.  I  think folks have found other ways to reach out.

Personally, I don't post as much, as I sold our Outback about 2.5 years ago and now own a Heartland 5th Wheel.  I am very active on that forum.

sml_gallery_535_64_2030.jpg

gallery_535_2497_5704.jpg

Pre-Delivery Inspection (PDI) is now on our Blog Page  - RV With The Tanners

#4 Todd&Regan

Todd&Regan

• Legacy Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 23 April 2018 - 09:03 AM

The reason I'm bringing all this up is because I thought it was cool the Outback line is only 1 of 2 Keystone brands to have it's own forum, Montana being the other......unless there is another I'm not aware of.

Oregon_Camper, you seem to be the only administrator still active on the site.  RTVHoltwood and CamperAndy seem to have disappeared, along with the AutoForums guy.  What happens should you decide to leave?

Todd

Todd, DW Regan

#5 Oregon_Camper

Oregon_Camper

Outbackers Contributor

• Administrator
  • 18047 posts

Posted 23 April 2018 - 10:44 AM

The reason I'm bringing all this up is because I thought it was cool the Outback line is only 1 of 2 Keystone brands to have it's own forum, Montana being the other......unless there is another I'm not aware of.

Oregon_Camper, you seem to be the only administrator still active on the site.  RTVHoltwood and CamperAndy seem to have disappeared, along with the AutoForums guy.  What happens should you decide to leave?

Todd

Can't speak for the others, but I don't see myself leaving anytime soon. 

We did just get a new admin from AutoForums.  They don't post publicly (just the Admin team section)...so if I was hit by car tomorrow, someone can still keep the lights on.  :)

#6 Todd&Regan

Todd&Regan

• Legacy Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 23 April 2018 - 12:38 PM

Got it!  Thanks!

Todd, DW Regan

#7 ob277rl

ob277rl

Master Member

• Legacy Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1501 posts
  • Outback/SOB:2013 277RL Reese 1,200 lb Dual Cam Sway Control
  • Tow Vehicle:2010 F150 4X4 SCrw XLT 5.4L- 6.5ft -Tow -Hlpr Spgs

Posted 24 April 2018 - 04:54 PM

I do miss my lively discussions with CamperAndy and other long time members here on Outbackers. I myself have been busy and not had the time to reply to recent posts but I do check the site daily. Good Luck.

Robert

#8 BlueWedge

BlueWedge

Outbackers Contributor

• KOALA Club Charter Member
  • 1071 posts
  • Outback/SOB:None
  • Tow Vehicle:2013 F150 Lariat CC 4X4 SB

Posted 26 April 2018 - 09:14 AM

We sold the trailer years ago. Lots of good times/memories with the trailer for sure. Thousands of miles away from those days. Funny thing is we have a place that rents trailers here ... mostly Outbacks :clapping:

Replying to your question. Just need people to get involved for the site to be more active. 

#9 H2oSprayer

H2oSprayer

Outbackers Contributor

• 2067 posts
  • Outback/SOB:2013 312BH
  • Tow Vehicle:2007 Ford F-350

Posted 28 April 2018 - 08:55 AM

Back in the day with an active site, it was easy and fun to plan rallies.  However, as others have pointed out, information is readily at many more outlets these days.  In many cases, its much faster and easier to get an answer to your question through other means. 

Chris, Heather, DS - '00 & DS - '03
2013 312BH that replaced our 2004 28BHS
2007 Ford F-350, SRW, 6.0L Diesel, ARE Z-Series bed cap
It doesn't matter where you go in life, it's who is by your side that matters.

#10 villui

villui

• Legacy Member
  • PipPip
  • 207 posts
  • Outback/SOB:301BQ. 2012
  • Tow Vehicle:2011 Ram SLT 2500 // Reese Dual Cam

Posted 28 April 2018 - 10:57 PM

Miss Camper Andy

#11 mike

mike

Outbackers Contributor

• 926 posts

Posted 30 April 2018 - 05:02 PM

just jumped on for the first time in a long time. with fb we have kept in contact with some, but now have a class c.

mike, dawn, 2 girls 18,3
2005 outback 23rs sold
2006 outback 27rsds
2003 dodge durango, 5.9l, 3.55 sold
2004 Chevy Burb 2500 4.10 QUADRASTEER
prodigy brake contoller, equalizer

#12 Eric&Lesley

Eric&Lesley

• Legacy Member
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 02 May 2018 - 07:32 PM

Used to read it faithfully - had our Outback for 10 years and learned so much from that group!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Posted Image
Eric and Lesley
Sawyer (10) Griffin (7) Ellie Claire (Newborn)
2006 Outback 29BHS Havana
2006 Ram 2500 mega cab CTD

#13 Oregon_Camper

Oregon_Camper

Outbackers Contributor

• Administrator
  • 18047 posts

Posted 02 May 2018 - 09:40 PM

just jumped on for the first time in a long time. with fb we have kept in contact with some, but now have a class c.

You were here long enough to get that SWEET Suburban!!!   

For those that don't know, Mike purchased my Suburban....however I live in Oregon in he lived in Illinois.   Ugh...  He sent a person to look over Suburban (who did a horrible job and I told Mike about it)....Truck came and put Suburban on flat bed and off it went.   Now..the main reason for this was that was the last year Suburbans came with Quadrasteer.

#14 rdvholtwood

rdvholtwood

Outbackers Contributor

• Administrator
  • 2947 posts
  • Outback/SOB:2018 Chaparral 336TSIK
  • Tow Vehicle:Seasonal Campers

Posted 08 May 2018 - 01:27 PM

I got a message today from another outbackers member that really got me thinking about this site.  Can anyone tell me what's happened to outbackers.com?  This question is for members more senior then me.  I've been a member since July, 2010, and have seen the popularity and number of thread posts tank over the years.  Seems to me it started in 2011 when PDX_Doug sold the site to Auto Forums.  He must have been the guy who held the whole thing together?  What, if anything, can be done to save outbackers.com?

Todd

I know it’s been awhile since I posted. Donna and I became SOB’s as we are now the proud owners of a 2018 Chaparral 336TSIK . We had an 2009 Outback 250RS-loved our outback and love our new 5ver even better.

I miss the old Outbackers too. Unfortunately, at the time, Doug had some rules that others did not like. As a moderator then, I was obliged to support Doug’s rules.

Others didn’t like these rules and decided to start another website-Dog and Trailer. A lot of members must migrated over and Outbackers activity changed.

Once Doug left, we tried to change such that we didn’t have to support those rules. By then, it was too late and things started to go downhill.

I miss the old days. However, that doesn’t mean we can’t get it going again.

I am glad this question came up and hope that I can contribute in any way to get that old spark going again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2018 Chaparral 336TSIK

Vehicle - diesel - purchased down the road; seasonal campers now

"Every person is a new door to different world"

#15 GodFather2u

GodFather2u

• Legacy Member
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts
  • Outback/SOB:2014 Outback 210RS
  • Tow Vehicle:2015 Chevy 3500 CC LTZ 6.6L Duramax

Posted 08 May 2018 - 08:48 PM

All I've been doing is lurking from time to time since it got quiet.  I too miss the huge knowledge I obtained when we first bought the Outback.  This past few months though, its slightly getting a spark.  We still have our 210RS and have been contemplating on a 5th wheel since getting a 1-ton Chevy two years ago...then again, I kinda like the idea of not having to really think about weight issues when towing the Outback.  It's alotta truck for what I'm pulling.  

Gerry

2014 Outback 210RS

2015 Chevy Silverado 3500 LTZ 6.6L Duramax (My new tow vehicle)

2012 GMC Sierra SLT All Terrain (SOLD)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users