This Friday Night

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

Master Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2060 posts

Posted 22 July 2006 - 05:34 AM

Doug I am truely confused about the night time ban on fishing in Oregon.

Here in Florida, one of the best times to fish is at night. You get out of the sun, and some of the game fish are more active at night.

I am a snook fishing addict, and night is the one of the best times to catch them. I can only keep them when they are in season. A great game fish and very delicious.

What am I missing here? Does the state of Oregon think the fishermen can use darkness to sneak up on the fish unawares?

Enlighten us!

Dan

Not sure "why" we have that law, but it's true. See page 8 of this document.
http://www.dfw.state...ations_2006.pdf

I checked it out and it looks like you can only fish for salmon, shad, steelhead, sturgeon, trout or whitefish during the day but everything else is ok to catch at night. I fish here in CA at night and use to do the same in Washington .

Unreal.

So I guess if I am fishing in Oregon for one of the species that are NOT on the "no nighttime fishing" list, and a salmon, shad, steelhead, sturgeon, trout or whitefish eats my bait, I am subject to a fine or possible arrest? :dunno: On the surface it seems like a very strange law.

We have seasons for certain species in Florida. You are not allowed to keep any fish caught out of season.
BUT no one is going to fine you for catching and releasing an out of season fish.

Dan :fishing1:

Actually the Oregon law

#32 3cowdogs

3cowdogs

• Legacy Member
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 09:29 PM

In Oregon you can fish for warm water fish after dark. bass, catfish, etc. go all the time.
2007 Dodge 3500 Mega-Cab dually 4x4, last of the 5.9's!
2006 Outback 27RLS Sydney Edition
2005 Honda Rincon, 2006 Honda Rubicon
Wife and Me, 2 Blue Heelers, 1 Red Heeler, 2 cats, and an old bird, (may have to edit the bird part soon), edit 1/07-- scratch one bird.

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 03:37 PM

And you know, the one I have never understood... They frown on dynamite too! :dunno:
(That usually comes out after 'The Big Red Plastic Cup'! :whistling: )

Happy Trails,
Doug

View Post

Reminds me of the ole Justin Wilson joke where his buddy takes the Game Warden fishing. After he lights the first stick of dynamite, the GW proceeds to tell him he is going to jail.

The buddy lights another stick........hands it to the warden and asks "You gonna Talk, or are you gonna Fish?" eek1 eek1

It appears that I am two years too late, but, I must have been told that joke a million times over the last 31years! An Oklahoma Game Warden!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users