What's Happened To Outbackers.com? - Page 2 - Outbackers.com Website Problems, Help, etc. - Outback RV Owners Forum

Photo

What's Happened To Outbackers.com?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16 Todd&Regan

Todd&Regan

• Legacy Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Outback/SOB:2014 Outback 301BQ
  • Tow Vehicle:2012 Ford F-250 XLT, 6.7L diesel

Posted 09 May 2018 - 11:12 AM

I appreciate all the responses, a lot of information brought out.  I'm trying to be more active on this site to do my small part of getting overall activity to pick up again.

Todd

Todd, DW Regan

#17 Pbtman

Pbtman

• Legacy Member
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Outback/SOB:2018 Outback 250URS
  • Tow Vehicle:2018 Ram Tradesman 2500 diesel

Posted 19 May 2018 - 09:35 PM

I see a lot more current posts. When I joined, I noticed that there were a bunch of really old posts. 2, some 3 years old. They are picking up, though. Sandy & I love our 250urs (except for the bathroom. I think the glove box in my Dodge is bigger).
I appreciate the tech advise, the do’s and dont’s and the modifications. I especially love the been there, done that. This is one forum that we truly feel like we’re communicating with brothers & sisters.
Please keep it going. We appreciate each and every one of you. God bless.

Anything outdoors suits me. Bob & Sandy Albright
2018 Keystone Outback 250urs
2012 Ram 1500 Longhorn Edition 4x4
2004 Sun Tracker Party Barge pontoon
2018 Ram Tradesman 2500 Diesel

#18 ob277rl

ob277rl

Master Member

• Legacy Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1507 posts
  • Outback/SOB:2013 277RL Reese 1,200 lb Dual Cam Sway Control
  • Tow Vehicle:2010 F150 4X4 SCrw XLT 5.4L- 6.5ft -Tow -Hlpr Spgs

Posted 23 February 2019 - 10:32 AM

I was doing a search on the web today to see what info I could find out about Outbackers and Facebook.  When I found this post listed from last May it got me thinking about new membership and if anyone was still joining or even just interested. Well if you log in and select Members in the upper left corner then select New content in the upper right corner, you can see how many new members have joined recently. You can select a time period of up to one year which reveals 16 pages. It looks like that there are still plenty of people still interested in this site, just not active in posting our asking questions.  There is a wealth of information here from past activity  so maybe they are just finding what they need without asking. I check the site daily but have been so busy taking care of my family young and old that time has been limited for anything else. Things are starting to settle down a bit and I so enjoyed my past participation here, I am looking forward to getting back into the fun again. 

Good Luck.

Robert

PS: Not to heart anyone's feelings but I am not a fan of Facebook.    

#19 RickyandSamantha

RickyandSamantha

• Legacy Member
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Outback/SOB:250URS
  • Tow Vehicle:2015 F-150

Posted 25 February 2019 - 10:41 AM

I'm still new to the forum here, joining in Mid 2018. Lots of good Info in the older posts being new to owning a TT it is good to be able to folks about the do's and don'ts.  It does seem to be picking up a bit in the last few weeks compared to when i first joined.  Would be cool to get a rally together. DW and I are staying at Pine mountain in Pigeon Forge Aug 10-17 if anyone else will be around there during that time.  we enjoy being a part of this forum and hope it picks up activity. we are picky when it comes to campgrounds, nice to have someone with a firsthand experience that i am familiar with what they expect and enjoy via their previous posts.  Plus the messaging is nice.  I'm also not a fan of the Facebook outback page, not enough detail in the mods like it is here, plus its hard to search specific topics there.

#20 vdub

vdub

Outbackers Contributor

• Legacy Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1990 posts

Posted 04 August 2019 - 11:27 PM

I was once a moderator of the site in the early days when Vern had it.  Vern is the guy who started it.  I think the site started to go downhill when PDX Doug took it over.  Doug was greedy -- he wanted to make money from it.  I was particularly unhappy with Doug when he stayed up all night watching new members login and then he made sure PDX Shannon was number 1,000 instead of just letting the dice roll and some unsuspecting new member got the #1,000 title.  I thought that was very little of him.  I quit soon after Doug bought the site from Vern.  I think he paid $2,000, but not sure.  Yes, you are right that Andy was a gem of a person and he had a lot to do with keeping the site going.  I didn't know he was gone.  We had a lot of fun during the early years of this site.  BTW, I still have my 2004 28FRLS and we have no plans of getting rid of it.  Been around the US 3 times.  I have 220k miles on my 2005 Dodge 3500.  I would guess a third of those miles were towing the Outback.  Good fun!

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users