#1 deepvee16

deepvee16

• Legacy Member
  • PipPip
  • 233 posts
  • Outback/SOB:2012 298re
  • Tow Vehicle:2016 Ram 3500 CC 6.7 diesel

Posted 11 April 2018 - 10:45 AM

With a little push, our screen door will open without moving the handle. I don't think it's defective, as I've seen other doors of that design do the same. (just the way it is..)

Next week will be our first trip with 2 new puppies. It won't take long before they discover that they won't need to wait for a human to open the door for them. 

I could probably install some sort of  "hokeyt" hasp for secondary security. But was hoping someone here may have another suggestion. 

Thank you, 

Dave

#2 deepvee16

deepvee16

• Legacy Member
  • PipPip
  • 233 posts
  • Outback/SOB:2012 298re
  • Tow Vehicle:2016 Ram 3500 CC 6.7 diesel

Posted 11 April 2018 - 01:43 PM

After futzing around with a couple of ideas, it dawned on me to simply close the stair handrail over the door. 

Done...

#3 madmaxmutt

madmaxmutt

• Legacy Member
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 07:17 PM

With a little push, our screen door will open without moving the handle. I don't think it's defective, as I've seen other doors of that design do the same. (just the way it is..)
Next week will be our first trip with 2 new puppies. It won't take long before they discover that they won't need to wait for a human to open the door for them. 
I could probably install some sort of  "hokeyt" hasp for secondary security. But was hoping someone here may have another suggestion. 
Thank you, 
Dave

Sounds like the latch needs adjustment. Neither design I have ever owned had this issue.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users