#1 07billKRS23

07billKRS23

• Legacy Member
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Outback/SOB:2007 23KRS
  • Tow Vehicle:2015 Toyota Tundra 4x4 TRD

Posted 19 January 2019 - 09:56 PM

I need to replace the slide out seals. Water comes in when water is sitting on top and the slide is pushed in. Where can I get the parts needed?

#2 Todd&Regan

Todd&Regan

• Legacy Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Posted 20 January 2019 - 11:04 AM

Water will go into the camper with water sitting on top of the slide when the slide is retracted, even when the seals are good.  If your slide seals are torn or dry rotted, then they need to be replaced.  As a general rule with all slide outs without slide toppers, sitting water on top of slides needs to be wiped away before the slide is retracted.

Todd

#3 07billKRS23

07billKRS23

• Legacy Member
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Outback/SOB:2007 23KRS
  • Tow Vehicle:2015 Toyota Tundra 4x4 TRD

Posted 20 January 2019 - 04:43 PM

Todd, thank you. 

It has been raining here a great deal. I assume more must have accumulated there than I have previously experienced before pushing the slide in. I have not had the amount of water inside on any previous occasion. 

I will inspect closely. The seals are all original, so I assumed they must need updating.

If they do need replacing do you know of a source? I saw someone say they ordered theirs on Amazon.

Thanks again.

#4 Todd&Regan

Todd&Regan

• Legacy Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Posted 21 January 2019 - 04:35 PM

Yea that Amazon has everything!  If you can't find them there, give Lippert customer service a call to see if they can help you out (574-537-8900).  I assume your slide-out is most likely made by Lippert Components.

Todd

#5 Wander2G0

Wander2G0

• Legacy Member
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 April 2020 - 07:45 PM

I believe this is what you are looking for.

AP Products 018-338-BLK Slide-In Secondary Seal

https://www.amazon.c...l_huc_mrai_3_dp

Wiper is AP Products A1W-18546 2 in. Clip on Wiper with Wiper

#6 Wander2G0

Wander2G0

• Legacy Member
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 February 2021 - 06:41 PM

So, i thought i would pass this on. 

When putting on the 2" wipers around the pull out after the top one had torn. I noticed that the rubber 2" wiper that slides onto the metal it clips to was rusted out in a few places.

When i reinstalled the new wipers I cleaned the metal with cleaner and alcohol. Then added a bead of 3m marine silicone to the edge on the rubber "U" that would be to the outside.

Slide it in place, then put the screws in and wiped the caulking even. Especially the top one. Water running down the face right to the seam get in and it was rusted inside from side to side.

Under the pull out I put a silicone bump on the lip to direct water away from the rollers underneath under heavy rain.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: slide, seal

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users