Electrical Schematics Available? - Outback Modifications - Outback RV Owners Forum

Photo

Electrical Schematics Available?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 amcjen

amcjen

• Legacy Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Outback/SOB:2019 Outback 240URS
  • Tow Vehicle:Land Rover Discovery 5

Posted 16 July 2020 - 09:25 PM

Hey there-

We just bought a 2019 240URS and I'm really interested in doing some electrical modifications, but would love to find a resource for electrical schematics, if available (or if anyone has done it by hand!)

I did some searching on the forum, but came up short.

Things I'd like to do:  change out the electrical converter to a Victron inverter, and move to lithium batteries as part of modifications for us to live out of the trailer part-time, running laptops and other 120V devices without needing shore power.

I've done the research on the battery capacity and inverter size necessary, but have no gauge on where the wiring runs, or how it's hooked up.  I'd hate to have to start from scratch, but will do so if necessary.  If I do end up doing that, I'll be sure to post the details here.

Love this forum! Hope it stays going!

- Allison

#2 ob277rl

ob277rl

Master Member

• Legacy Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1527 posts
  • Outback/SOB:2013 277RL Reese 1,200 lb Dual Cam Sway Control
  • Tow Vehicle:2010 F150 4X4 SCrw XLT 5.4L- 6.5ft -Tow -Hlpr Spgs

Posted 17 July 2020 - 12:41 AM

The converter is at the heart of the 12vdc electrical system and cant just be changed out to an inverter. The converter is used to supply power for the 12v system and to charge the battery when on shore power or a generator. An inverter is used to convert 12v dc to 120v ac for the ac power needs. The converter will either be a part of the power panel or be Located behind it separate from it as it is in our trailer. I didnt believe an electrical schematic exist for the end user. If you remove the screws that hold the electrical distribution panel that houses both the 12vdc fuses and the 120vac breakers you will find that this is where all of the wiring comes together. This is where I found the 12vdc common grounding bar that needed some attention on our trailer. To get some great information on installing an off grid power supply look into post by Oregon camper I believe he has a blog set up just for that.

Good Luck
Robert

#3 thefulminator

thefulminator

Master Member

• KOALA Club Charter Member
  • 2130 posts
  • Outback/SOB:2013 Outback 250RS, Moonlight
  • Tow Vehicle:2009 Silverado LT 1500 4x4 Crew Cab

Posted 17 July 2020 - 02:33 PM

I doubt you will find the electrical schematics.  As for your lithium battery and converter questions, I would suggest you message Oregon_Camper.  He has vast experience with lithium batteries, the electrical systems and solar charging.

2009 Silverado LT 1500 4X4 Crew Cab, 9500 lb towing capacity with Putnam XDR and Equalizer 10K, + 2013 Outback 250RS, Moonlight
Me ('65), DW ('68), DS1 ('99), DS2 ('03), Dwoof ('12)

We all bleed Orange and Black, GO BEAVS
gallery_6092_1466_7959.jpggallery_653_832_11751.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users