Moving Stabilizer Jacks - Problems, Solutions & After Market - Outback RV Owners Forum

Photo

Moving Stabilizer Jacks

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 thudachko

thudachko

• Legacy Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 April 2019 - 12:20 PM

Hi all - First post here. I'm considering a 2019 Outback 210 URS. One of the things that concerns me is ground clearance with the front stabilizer jacks. The jacks are mounted to the tongue as opposed to the trailer frame, which causes them to ride several inches closer to the ground. We primarily boondock and often need all the clearance we can get. Has anybody had any success with removing the jacks from the tongue and re-mounting them on the frame? Thanks!

#2 Tourdfox

Tourdfox

• Legacy Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts
  • Outback/SOB:2012 280 RS SIDE LOAD TOYHAULER IN TEAK
  • Tow Vehicle:04.5-2500 HD 6.6 Duramax SB-CC

Posted 15 April 2019 - 02:44 PM

I had a look at what you are saying.  I'm a boondocker 100 %. I would move them in a heartbeat.  Wouldn't even think twice.  I'd probably even consider putting on better stronger jacks. Guess you will have to have a closer look and see if there is a good mounting location on the frame that isn't to far back. Maybe a little fabrication is in order. If you need to do a little welding  be sure to disconnect battery and any power source.But well worth it if your a boondocker.  A nice looking little trailer

#3 thudachko

thudachko

• Legacy Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 April 2019 - 09:07 AM

Thanks, really appreciate your input!

#4 Samantha Nichols

Samantha Nichols

• Legacy Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 November 2020 - 06:54 AM

I bought Camco to help stabilize our camper. We were still having some pretty wild rocking forward and back even after blocking the wheels, so I bought these jacks. One each on the front corners of the frame (there were already stabilizer jacks at the back) made our camper rock solid, and I didn’t have to install any hardware. When done, the support comes out of the base, and the bases stack neatly so they hardly take up any space. When I got them I wasn’t even convinced there were four in the box until I opened it. Absolutely worth the money.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users