Husky Brute Power Tongue Jack - Problems, Solutions & After Market - Outback RV Owners Forum

Photo

Husky Brute Power Tongue Jack

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kbrazielTx

kbrazielTx

Advanced Member

• Legacy Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 09:27 PM

I have owned a Power Tongue Jack for years and have never had this happen. When I returned to storage today I went to lower the Tongue and my Husky Brute Power Jack was froze up. I went to use the manual handle and it would not work either. I grabed the Pole to see if I could shake it loose and it fell out in my hand. crybaby Top of screw gear was sheared off. Before I replace this with the same Jack has anyone else had this problem? Lakeshore installed the Jack on our new 301BQ 2 weeks ago so I may want a different brand if this is a regular problem.

Thank goodness I had one of my old Manual Jacks in my garage so I could get the trailer off the Truck. Had to drive back home from storage but it is good for now.

Let me know any feedback on the Husky Brute.

Attached File  DSC09346.JPG   458.42KB   21 downloads
DH, DW, S, D
2003 3/4 Ton Suburban LT 2WD 6.0 3.73
2011 Outback 301BQ - Moonlight

September 4-6 Abilene State Park Labor Day
Nov 4-8 TMS NASCAR In Texas!!!!!
Nov 22-26 Thanksgiving in Oklahoma
Any other Weekend that we are Available.

#2 john7349

john7349

Outbackers Contributor

• KOALA Club Charter Member
  • 716 posts
  • Outback/SOB:2017 Jayco 321RSTS 5th Wheel
  • Tow Vehicle:2015 Silverado 3500HD Crew Cab 4x4

Posted 12 July 2010 - 02:54 PM

Probally just a fluke. I would call Lakeshore and have them send you another jack. Easy to install.
John & Pam
2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD Crew Cab 4x4 Diesel
TT 2008 Outback 21RS
6 Volt, 220 Amp Costco Batts (Costco item# 245725)
1000/10000 Equal-i-zer

#3 Texas Scott

Texas Scott

• Legacy Member
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Outback/SOB:295RE
  • Tow Vehicle:Blue 2500 Dodge Crewcab

Posted 12 July 2010 - 09:34 PM

I have owned a Power Tongue Jack for years and have never had this happen. When I returned to storage today I went to lower the Tongue and my Husky Brute Power Jack was froze up. I went to use the manual handle and it would not work either. I grabed the Pole to see if I could shake it loose and it fell out in my hand. crybaby Top of screw gear was sheared off. Before I replace this with the same Jack has anyone else had this problem? Lakeshore installed the Jack on our new 301BQ 2 weeks ago so I may want a different brand if this is a regular problem.

Thank goodness I had one of my old Manual Jacks in my garage so I could get the trailer off the Truck. Had to drive back home from storage but it is good for now.

Let me know any feedback on the Husky Brute.

Attached File  DSC09346.JPG   458.42KB   21 downloads

I had the same problem, bought the trailer at Lakeshore, then brought the trailer home to Texas! The local outback dealer rebuilt the jack from warranty parts shipped in from Husky. Husky was quick, the dealer was quick, but now I don't trust the jack much. Definately do not get under the trailer till your stabilzers are down or its blocked. When mine failed the trailer tongue hit the payment, I am lucky I carry a bottle jack.

Scott

Scott
You'll never regret not having enough time home on the couch!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users