How I Got New Exterior Graphics From Keystone. - Problems, Solutions & After Market - Outback RV Owners Forum

Photo

How I Got New Exterior Graphics From Keystone.

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 thefulminator

thefulminator

Master Member

• KOALA Club Charter Member
  • 2135 posts
  • Outback/SOB:2013 Outback 250RS, Moonlight
  • Tow Vehicle:2009 Silverado LT 1500 4x4 Crew Cab

Posted 16 July 2012 - 10:56 PM

This might be worth pinning.

The box from Keystone with my new front graphics showed up today. I am documenting how I was able to get Keystone to replace them. Outbacker Clarkely helped me out with contact information for the right person at Keystone. I owe him a beer for that. The catch is that he has to come to Washington State to collect it.

I called Keystone at (574) 535-2100 and asked to speak with Bruce Sanders who had helped Clarkely with obtaining new graphics. In some other topics on this subject I had seen a five year warranty on graphics quoted. Bruce explained that graphics have the same one year warranty as the remainder of my Outback and that in certain circumstances Keystone will replace graphics after the trailer warranty has expired. My trailer has been out of warranty for three years. I explained my situation and Bruce asked me to send pictures to him. Once he received the pictures he had a full set of new front graphics sent to me. To try to keep the graphics problem from happening again, I asked Bruce for any information Keystone had about graphics installation and care. He e-mailed me two word documents explaining how to apply and maintain the new graphics which are attached below.

Attached Files

Edited by thefulminator, 16 July 2012 - 11:03 PM.

2009 Silverado LT 1500 4X4 Crew Cab, 9500 lb towing capacity with Putnam XDR and Equalizer 10K, + 2013 Outback 250RS, Moonlight
Me ('65), DW ('68), DS1 ('99), DS2 ('03), Dwoof ('12)

We all bleed Orange and Black, GO BEAVS
gallery_6092_1466_7959.jpggallery_653_832_11751.jpg

#2 Stance

Stance

• Legacy Member
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:23 AM

Thanks for sharing. Mine are getting pretty bad. I should try to contact him.

I would have never thought lacquer thinner would be OK to use. I probably still won't use it.
Joe

2010 Outback 210RS
2013 Ford F150 Supercrew

#3 clarkely

clarkely

• 2570 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:47 AM

Glad it worked out for you!!! The one company they had me call said 5 years......... found it hard to believe.. but didnt argue :)

You can always ups me that beer :)

That is good info on the care - that needs to be posted everywhere.

Sydney 310BHS - 2011 Silverado CCLB Duramax - 2008 2500 Suburban
Other toys - Moomba Wake Boat and Polaris Snowmobile
Lots of Mods to them All :) - Way to Many to list here

#4 Sandlapper

Sandlapper

• Legacy Member
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Outback/SOB:2010 Outback Sydney Edition 325 FRE
  • Tow Vehicle:2002 Ford F-350 PowerStroke DRW

Posted 17 July 2012 - 12:00 PM

Never knew that waxing the graphics was not a good idea. Its hard not to wax over them as you're cleaning and shining up everything else. Thanks for sharing this info... I guess my monthly waxing of the front end has not helped matters..
"See you down the Road"

#5 rdrunr

rdrunr

• Legacy Member
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts
  • Outback/SOB:27L "Loft"
  • Tow Vehicle:'08 Tundra DoubleCab 5.7L 4X4

Posted 23 July 2012 - 07:54 PM

The box from Keystone with my new front graphics showed up today. I am documenting how I was able to get Keystone to replace them. Outbacker Clarkely helped me out with contact information for the right person at Keystone. I owe him a beer for that. The catch is that he has to come to Washington State to collect it.

I called Keystone at (574) 535-2100 and asked to speak with Bruce Sanders who had helped Clarkely with obtaining new graphics. In some other topics on this subject I had seen a five year warranty on graphics quoted. Bruce explained that graphics have the same one year warranty as the remainder of my Outback and that in certain circumstances Keystone will replace graphics after the trailer warranty has expired. My trailer has been out of warranty for three years. I explained my situation and Bruce asked me to send pictures to him. Once he received the pictures he had a full set of new front graphics sent to me. To try to keep the graphics problem from happening again, I asked Bruce for any information Keystone had about graphics installation and care. He e-mailed me two word documents explaining how to apply and maintain the new graphics which are attached below.

I got my front graphics completely replaced and Keystone even paid for it to get applied by the local dealership. I have owned the RV since Nov. of '09.

#6 Paul

Paul

Advanced Member

• Legacy Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts
  • Outback/SOB:SOB Arctic Fox 27-5L Fiver, Silver Fox Edition
  • Tow Vehicle:2008 Ford F250 Power Stroke

Posted 24 July 2012 - 12:27 AM

I am so over the hundreds of posts about the low quality graphics on our Outback Trailers. A one year warranty on a high dollar unit is a joke! We would not expect the paint on our $20,000 cars to peel off after a year so why should we accept the decals peeling off our campers! Every time I camp more decals come off and the buffer comes out in an attempt to remove the ghost image. Keystone should not be rewarded by us buying or replacing the cheap decals they placed on the trailers. My camper is pristine with the exception of the decals. I have gone the extra mile keeping my Outback looking nice but the decals make it look like S**t and it is quite depressing. At the rate I am going bare naked is about three months away. I will accept the depreciation on my camper not having decals to advertise for Keystone. I apologize for the negativity on our usually upbeat Outbacker site but it is what it is!
2008 Ford F250 Super Duty 6.4 Diesel 2009 23RS 2015 Arctic Fox 27-5L
Master Chief Petty Officer USN (Retired)

Fishing/Hunting/Camping always a tough decision??? Posted Image

#7 TennesseeOutback1

TennesseeOutback1

• Legacy Member
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 08:23 PM

Never knew that waxing the graphics was not a good idea. Its hard not to wax over them as you're cleaning and shining up everything else. Thanks for sharing this info... I guess my monthly waxing of the front end has not helped matters..

Same here! I have read and heard that you need to wax your camper to help keep it looking good. So now what? I would think the wax would help keep them looking good!

#8 thefulminator

thefulminator

Master Member

• 2135 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 01:29 PM

I'm not convinced that wax would do that to the decals. On my trailer the only place where the decals had problems is on the font cap. All the other decals look like the day I bought it. I think it has more to do with water being able to work under the decal but I can't prove that.

2009 Silverado LT 1500 4X4 Crew Cab, 9500 lb towing capacity with Putnam XDR and Equalizer 10K, + 2013 Outback 250RS, Moonlight

#9 Piecemaker

Piecemaker

Outbackers Contributor

• Legacy Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 03:19 PM

I'm sorry but I beg to differ. My decals are peeling in the front without having any wax on them and the side decals are shrinking,not peeling, without wax. 2012 is the first year I ever waxed the front or sides.
2007 23 RS Jasmine Reese Dual Cam HP

2010 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD 6.0L Vortec 4X4 Ext Cab Z71

Brian & Trudie

Posted ImagePosted Image
Camped In States & Provinces

...as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord. Joshua 24:15b

#10 clarkely

clarkely

• 2570 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 07:53 AM

I am so over the hundreds of posts about the low quality graphics on our Outback Trailers. A one year warranty on a high dollar unit is a joke! We would not expect the paint on our $20,000 cars to peel off after a year so why should we accept the decals peeling off our campers! Every time I camp more decals come off and the buffer comes out in an attempt to remove the ghost image. Keystone should not be rewarded by us buying or replacing the cheap decals they placed on the trailers. My camper is pristine with the exception of the decals. I have gone the extra mile keeping my Outback looking nice but the decals make it look like S**t and it is quite depressing. At the rate I am going bare naked is about three months away. I will accept the depreciation on my camper not having decals to advertise for Keystone. I apologize for the negativity on our usually upbeat Outbacker site but it is what it is!

Just a different perspective i thought of when i read your post.....

car/truck cost - 20k? Most of our cars are 2.5 - 3 times the cost and then come with a 3 year warranty

My camper is pristine as well - except decals ........... i have friends campers whose decals are great but they have had all kinds of water and construction issues....

I often read about stuff .... and knock on wood........ we have had a good run of it with Keystone products - we have had 2 and they have served us quite well.........Yes they have had things go bad on them and yes i have upgraded everything on them...... but i did that because i wanted to and realize that they are building these to a price point - and i feel after 4 years for my 24k i have a pretty good unit.... especially when i compare to what i pay for a snowombile trailer or deckover trailer of a similar GVWR.....

Just thought i would throw out a slightly different perspective .......

#11 texas

texas

• Legacy Member
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:40 PM

#12 texas

texas

• Legacy Member
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:43 PM

I tried calling outback/ keystone today and Bruce Sanders isn't there anymore. Anyone have any ideas about getting replacement graphics for a 2007 outback rs23 or someone else to call maybe. New owner of used trailer, never owned one before.

#13 clarkely

clarkely

• 2570 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:13 AM

I tried calling outback/ keystone today and Bruce Sanders isn't there anymore. Anyone have any ideas about getting replacement graphics for a 2007 outback rs23 or someone else to call maybe. New owner of used trailer, never owned one before.

Bruce just so happened to be the CSR i got when i called - i would think you could pursue this dialogue with any CSR - find out who the manufacturer of your year/model decals was from them - and what their warranty is - And use PPP polite patience and persistence - it worked for me anyhow.......

#14 2011 210RS

2011 210RS

• Legacy Member
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Outback/SOB:2011 210RS
  • Tow Vehicle:2006 Jeep Commander 4.7 4x4 Quadra-Trac II

Posted 01 April 2013 - 02:04 PM

Never waxed, used high pressure water, and always hand washed. Decals shrunk and pealed. i have owned many boats with decals and I waxed the snot out of them with no delamination. I do not believe it is the texture of the TT walls or wax. It must be the material the decals are made of. They can "skin" a car for advertisements but Keystone cannot make a decal stay on the TT. Time for a new supplier.

Edited by 2011 210RS, 01 April 2013 - 02:05 PM.

David Haggard
2011 210RS 2-6v US 2200 XC2
2006 Jeep Commander 4.7 Quadra-Trac II 4x4. PowerStop Extreme Rotors&Pads
Smart tools Yamaha AP2000i
RENOGY® 30 Amp PWM Charge Controller with LCD Display & 100w Panel

#15 thefulminator

thefulminator

Master Member

• 2135 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 10:36 AM

I was talking to a salesman at Tacoma RV yesterday. He said that the decal material changed a while back because of this problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users