Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't figure out why rv manufacturers only give you one 110 outlet? So i added two more to my 28bhs one at each end of the tt. I connected to where the shore power connects to the tt so it wouldn't be on the tt circuit. I used a gcfi plug to make it safe.

Jim

·
Outbackers Contributor
1,207 Posts
No, you are not safe
. If you connected directly to the main wiring coming into the TT you have no circuit protection and if you overload the circuit you can creat a fire. The gfi is a good idea but somehow you need to get it to a breaker. You may be able to come off any of the existing, maybe there is one that is already outside, and connect your new ones into that circuit
. Please reconsider how you did this. Kirk

·
Outbackers Contributor
5,038 Posts
I think Kirk is right about adding a breaker.

Our 28RSS has 4 plugs, but there are times that I wonder about their placement. We have one in the bunkhouse, one in the bathroom, one by the couch and one near the sink, just wish one was by the dinette.

·
Outbackers Contributor
1,207 Posts
Hi Jim, hey I was thinking about the way you hooked in the outlets and think there is a easy fix. If you were to go to Lowes or home depot and buy a 2 circuit breaker box and replace the existing junction box with it, then wire your outlets to the new breakers this would give you the protection needed. I think the whole thing would cost aprox. 20-25 dollars to do. Do you think it's do able??? Kirk

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the suggestions I think you are all right I will get one here at work that will do the trick. Also i will get one for my friend that had soneone do the same to his. These out lets are on the outside I also would like a few more Strategically placed inside the tt.

Thanks again all

Jim

·
Outbackers Contributor
3,915 Posts
OK, your last post clears this up for me. I thought you were saying you only had 1 outlet INSIDE the trailer
I was thinking, Man-glad I didn't buy a 2003! I have only 1 recepticle outside as well. Got 6 inside though
Good luck with the breakers. Sounds like good advice.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts