Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Outbackers Contributor
5,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I picked up the camper I got this wad of keys, 4 with the black covers. PDI guy stated that all Outbacks with 2 doors have 2 different keys. Huh? They couldn't match them? Is this true or did somebody make a mess up?

·
Outbackers Contributor
1,207 Posts
yea it's true. we ended up with three sets of keys. It took a whileto figure which one went to what door, I finnally started at the door closest to the tounge and cut one groove into the plastic,two grooves into the second door key, and three into the bike door key. It is real confusing and a real pain other wise. Good luck with your key system

·
Outbackers Contributor
4,452 Posts
Has anyone looked into what it would cost to re-key all doors alike? I don't know much about locksmithing, but that must be possible.

Seems that unless it is way to expensive, it would be much better to have one set of keys, instead of 3, plus the ball lock, the draw bar lock, the tow vehicle keys, and any bicycle keys you might have.

Since one of the models I'm looking at this weekend is the 25 RS-S, I think I will look into this next week. I will let you know if I find anything out.

Tim

·
Outbackers Contributor
3,580 Posts
Yep, got a key ring with lots of keys, entry door(only one on a 21RS), bike door, rear storage compartment, outside shower, tongue lock, locking hitch receiver pin...............lots of keys

·
Outbackers Contributor
3,915 Posts
Our 28BHS only has the one door so one key there. And all the outside hatches are keyed alike, so second key there. 2 for me.

·
Outbackers Contributor
2,018 Posts
Maybe the 2004s are keyed differently. Mine is the same...just two keys. One for the door, one for everything else.

Randy

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hey castle Rock you got lucky !! My 2004 28RS-S has 2 different keys for the 2 entry doors and then another key for the storage doors. It is a pain to have the different keys, I put a small paint mark on the keys to match the door that it fits. I sure would have liked the doors keyed the same.

·
Outbackers Contributor
5,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I noticed the keys have numbers, I think mine are 300 and 304. I wonder if we could manage a lock swap among members or something!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts