Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any body out there have the 200 solar flex system with 1 deep cycle battery? Did you find out that it cannot maintain 12v to keep the frig running? Will adding a second battery do the job? Do I have to upgrade to 2 lithium batteries?

Registered
I have the Solarflex 200 system wit a go power controller. ( it's not mppt so ill probably replace it.) I was issued a 54ah AGM battery at the dealer when I bought it last Nov. I was able to get a single 200ah LiPO4 battery from enduro which gives me an easy 3 days of reserve.

Unfortunately, I had to pay an RV electric shop to figure out why the solar wasn't charging. ( didn't want to wait 8 weeks for service). Well, $390 and 3 hours of wire tracing later, we had to cut a hole in the front bulkhead compartment to find the wires from the panel just dangling, unattached. 馃く

Now it makes power into that big 200ah tank like crazy. I get 14.1 V all the time in storage.

You'll want to invest in an armor box to keep your investment safe.
Price out 2x 100ah AGM which you'll replace 3 times in 10 years (Enduro has a 10 yr warranty) and you'll see the no Brainer math.
Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive exterior

it's a tight fit, and I had to use a 5lb sledgehammer to flatten out the rails and drill a couple oh new holes, but peace of mind, it's there in buckets.
Tire Automotive tire Wheel Motor vehicle Bumper

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Tread

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the input. I will be installing 2 lithium batteries after I get a inverter generator. Is it better to have 1 200AH batery vs 2 100 AH? Good idea to have a strong box for the batteries. These are not cheap as you know.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts