Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Outback 250RS 2003 Ford F-350, V10
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just purchased a couple of weeks ago from original owner. I just spent the past couple of hours reviewing threads about various mods and slide issues. Did not find answers to these questions.....

1. Rear King Slide: Noticed that drivers side ceiling rail has separated from ceiling approx. 1/2" over a 2'-3' span.

A. How should bolts be tightened....with slide slightly extended (to access bolt) or fully extended?
B. Should weight be taken off slide rail so rail can be tightened sufficiently? If so, how can weight be taken off
rails?
C. Is my year/model have improved rear bed slide rails and slide design?
D. What maintenance, service, and inspection should be done to ensure slide is adjusted properly?
E. Support bed underneath during travel (to lessen rail weight and pounding from bouncing)? If so, how?
F. Weight capacity for Rear Bed Slide and U shaped Dinette side slide?
G. What is the consensus of sleeping on rear bed when slide is retracted (overnight stopover)?

Thanks!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Only know these answers…search the forms here, plethora of info in it…unfortunately it seems some of the pics got removed, but I think that’s when they switched servers and who maintains it.

E. Support bed underneath during travel (to lessen rail weight and pounding from bouncing)? If so, how?
- I recall someone posting in the forums about making a support but my understanding is it’s not needed.

F. Weight capacity for Rear Bed Slide and U shaped Dinette side slide?
- Dont recall the “max weight” but i know I mentioned it when I bought my 2013 230RS and the dealer checked and we were well within. Here’s a topic on it:

G. What is the consensus of sleeping on rear bed when slide is retracted (overnight stopover)?
- I’ve only slept in mine extend but if the time arose I’d sleep in it retracted.

·
Registered
2011 Outback 250RS 2003 Ford F-350, V10
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks JD! I was able to get quite a bit of bed rail info from a member here. He provided much info and pics and answered all of my questions. I performed the mods and I'll see how it holds up over when we start using the trailer. The heat out here in Inland SoCal is HOT!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts