Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my wife and I just upgraded from a travel trailer to the 296FRS. Does anyone else have this model? Any problems with it? What do you tow yours with?
Thanks,
The Snyders
2015 Outback 296FRS
2006 F-250 Crew Cab 5.4 Long Box 4x4

·
Registered
8 Posts
Good morning, I just joined this forum when I came upon your question. My wife and I just picked up our new 296frs last week . We traded in our 2004 jayco class c and wanted to go with a 5th wheel. We like all the room in the Outback but there are pros and cons to the 5th wheel. We did have a problem with the toilet bowl not holding water which the dealer replaced the bowl. I still cant figure how to hook up my satellite dish to the unit but I will work on it. I think we will invest in a generator so we can camp where there is no hookups. We tow our outback with a 2005 dodge ram 1500. So far it has handled the weight ok but we did beef up the suspension for towing. keep me informed on your journeys with your new outback. GOOD luck and HAPPY TRAILS, DENNY AND IDA :)

·
Registered
49 Posts
If you want the full capacity, 50amps x 120v = 6000watts. Or you could go with the Honda 3000w but be more critical of power usage when dry camping. If you do not want your Microwave, AC, and hair dryer but just want to top off batteries and watch some tv, get the little 2000w for $600. Choose your life style and consider loading and unloading a large generator. I have the SmarterTools 2000w and put a hard start on the AC. It works but with limitations. Think about what you would like to use and post it. This forum has so many knowledgeable people you will get the right solution.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good morning, I just joined this forum when I came upon your question. My wife and I just picked up our new 296frs last week . We traded in our 2004 jayco class c and wanted to go with a 5th wheel. We like all the room in the Outback but there are pros and cons to the 5th wheel. We did have a problem with the toilet bowl not holding water which the dealer replaced the bowl. I still cant figure how to hook up my satellite dish to the unit but I will work on it. I think we will invest in a generator so we can camp where there is no hookups. We tow our outback with a 2005 dodge ram 1500. So far it has handled the weight ok but we did beef up the suspension for towing. keep me informed on your journeys with your new outback. GOOD luck and HAPPY TRAILS, DENNY AND IDA :)
Hello Denny and Ida! I am glad you love your purchase as much as we. We have had some minor problems with the biggest me not figuring out the auto leveling system. Think I've got it now. We pull ours with a 2006 F-250 5.4 long box . Does just great! Happy Trails to you guys!

·
Registered
1 Posts
20160709_202405.jpg We purchased the 296frs in March 2016 and we are first time 5th wheel owners. Love the trailer and have been able to figure out most issues. I forgot to remove the battery during the winter close. Figured that out late December. We pull the trailer with 2015 GMC 1500 Sierra. Truck pulls it great.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts