Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at a 2022 210 urs or the Jayco x213. Any comment on build quality or engineering between the two? Is the cable slide more reliable than the lippert on the Jayco? Also, does anyone know where the tanks are placed under the 210 urs? In the Jayco, they are mainly forward of the axle leading to high tongue weights. The 210 has slightly smaller bunks but we can live with that, and the extra rear storage is great. However, is it not a great time to buy a new TT as everyone seems to have been cranking them out at a fast rate?

BTW We are upsizing from a 19' TT where we need to convert the dinette every night to a bed and every morning to a table. It's getting old and sleeping on the dinette is not fun.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just took delivery of a 2021 Outback 210 urs in Nov 2021. We've been out a couple of times and other than not having hot water on the first trip and a difficult time figuring out how to turn off the bypass, we've had great luck. Before we picked it up from the dealer we had them fix three issues:
1) the lower bunk had not been fitted correctly and hit the wall, thus not going up and down freely. (Fixed by dealer)
2) The wood under the mattress on the king slide out was cheap and splintered. (Replaced by the dealer).
3) the wire that you need to unplug on the slide out when you pull it in was connected using residential electric wire nuts. I had them solder the wires together and protect it with some wire loom.

Other than that, things work great. The Jayco seemed to have more Gizmo's on the videos I've looked at, but the side cargo door and front bunks are great. You'll have to make judicious use of space when planning where to store your gear. Electric/Jacks/Tools go up front on the Starboard bow compartment. Water/Sewer items go in the rear compartment, plus a spare 10' of sewer hose in the bumper. Everything else has a place inside.

We don't have an inverter so the TV / Micro / A/C won't work when boon docking. Not that you would want to run the Micro/AC off battery anyway. You should plan on getting a generator if you boondock. Mine just arrived (4800Watts) yesterday, and we've yet to test it out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts