Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are currently trying to find this model, but have been quoted prices all over the spectrum?....Has anyone had any luck getting a good buy on one of these?.....I am in Kentucky and am willing to drive to save a few K...thanks...

·
Outbackers Contributor
5,038 Posts
Hi & Welcome to the Outbackers!

What I did was to pull up zip codes for every major area with in a 5 hour drive, then I plugged #'s into the Outback website and called or emailed the dealers. I already knew the campers camp fully loaded, so I tried to cut to the chase, told the sales guys I didn't want their MSRP that I wouldn't drive to look at one unless the price was reasonable. I quickly found which dealers want to play games and crossed them off my list. It came down to 3 dealers, I saw the one at my local dealership and then asked the other two for their best 'cash' price, meaning no trade in. Generally the dealers get better rates unless your Credit Union can beat them I would go with them. Once I got those rates I sat down with google.com and plugged in Outback 28 RS-S and Outback 28 and started checking internet prices. Out here in the west we pay a fair amount for shipping, so I took the best price I could find and added some for shipping. My local dealer was about 1,000-1,400 lower than the other two so I started with him first and he came to the price where I wanted to be, and kicked in the 2 6v batteries and a couple of other things. Took me a couple of weeks, but in the end I am happy with the price and I was able to work with my local dealer too.

What prices are you coming up with in your search? Those that have already bought one can give you a good idea. You can also search on forums rv.net as many people post various prices. Keep in mind location and year of the camper when you compare though.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have called around and received a price as low as 14,699....however that is about 500 miles away.....I got a price of 15,500 from a dealer about 200 miles from me....and finally my local dealer who has one on order says that he will match the 15,500.....so I think that I will probably go ahead and buy it through him.....

·
Registered
630 Posts
Where are you at in KY? There is a dealer just on the other side of Louisville, KY in Indiana. That is where I purchased my Outback.

·
Outbackers Contributor
90 Posts
After being through several warranty issues, I'd consider how close the servicing dealer is. You can probably buy it one place and service it somewhere else, but the selling dealer will probably be more motivated to keep you happy. Now that I've had the trailer in to the dealer five times, I'd pay another $500 to save an hour's drive each time. Just something to consider.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts