Outbacker RV Forum banner

240Urs - Garage Bed Upgrade

4K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Tourdfox 
#1 ·
Im wondering if anyone has modified or upgraded their 240UrS lower garage bed to hold two adults. I would like to maximize the space to hold two families and need to turn that bed into a full or queen.

Im thinking I can remove the existing bed and put in a bi or tri fold metal frame and use some lightweight material like fiberglass or something for the support. With some sturdy legs I think I could fabricate something that could easily hold two adults. I think Ill use a thick foam topper as the mattress.

Figured I would throw it out there and see if anyone has done something similar.

Thanks for your ideas, photos, or comments.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
I've extended a bed before by adding a 'flap' on a hinge that folds out and then have more legs that flip down. How you deal with the mattress is another issues, but if you can get one that will just fold into the space of that single, then you should have a decent solution.

#6 ·
Hello Outback240ursNC,

I mod my bunk area for three kids. The bunks are only rated for 150lbs and the top bunk is less than that. I took out both beds and used 80:20 to make a free standing frame that supports three beds with a rating of 500lbs.

For some reason I can't upload anymore pics.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.