Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
First issue I've noticed. The wiring for the awning lights are unprotected. They're routed up the mounting arm then out to the awning. I'm going to have to get a bushing to protect them as they rub against bare metal.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Any other owners out there? Just took delivery 2 May 20.
Took delivery of our 260UML in July 2020 and did a 6000 mile cross country trip in August/September with our GMC Sierra 1500 max trailer edition. This is a great TT and have had no issues other than one of the fender skirts lost some screws, which I replaced with screws with nylock nuts to prevent them from vibrating out. A couple pieces of trim have come down but that's to be expected. Used gorilla glue and 23 gauge pin nailer to fix that. Upgraded to Goodyear Endurance tires before the trip even though the original tires only had a few hundred miles on them...peace of mind!

2020 Outback 260ML
2021 GMC Sierra 3500 Duramax

·
Registered
947 Posts
OG Outbacker just stopped to suggest that it appears that you have way too long of a TT for the wheel base of your truck. /concern

·
Registered
2 Posts
OG Outbacker just stopped to suggest that it appears that you have way too long of a TT for the wheel base of your truck. /concern
The max weight the trailer ever weighed was 7100 pounds and the original Sierra was a double cab with the 6'7" bed and had a tow capacity of 10900, combined capacity of 15500, payload of 1943, with an Equalize E4 WD hitch we were never close to the limits. Verified this on the CAT Scales. The new 3500HD is a crew cab long bed, so, no, was never concerned about weight or length with the original truck or this one.

2020 Outback 260UML
2021 GMC Sierra 3500 Duramax

1 - 5 of 5 Posts