Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We picked up our new 2004 26RS last August and made it out for three weekend trips of 3 days and 2 nights each. I'm really glad we did because I noticed a water line that appeared to be pinched between the bottom of the trailer floor and the frame, right by the wheel well on the left side. When I took the trailer down to the dealer to learn how to winterize it, I pointed it out and the mechanic agreed that when they set the box down on the frame (if that's how they build trailers - like I would know) they somehow pinched the water line going to the kitchen sink.
Since we haven't had the bug to go winter camping, I left the trailer at the dealership and they said they'd have to drop the seal on the bottom of the trailer, and the guy implied that it was going to be a pretty big job.
Since now it's Spring we're getting the bug to go camping again, and I'm going to be checking with the dealer, who now has had the trailer for about four months.
I was wondering if anybody else has had a similar problem, and if I should be looking for anything that would indicate a substandard repair.
Thanks in advance,
Sam

·
Outbackers Contributor
5,038 Posts
Sam I think that's a problem that I haven't heard before. Having it that long I would hope they've been able to do a good job fixing it. Check to make sure everything fits right again, and they sealed any openings. Somebody over on RV.net said the dealer cut a hole in his floor to do something and it looked pretty bad. Usually comes down to a quality dealer and repair shop. Before you accept the trailer back make sure its to your liking as far as fit and finish.

·
Outbackers Contributor
4,452 Posts
Could you be more specific on the location of the pinch. We are still waiting for our 26RS to come in at the dealer, and I would like to keep an eye out for this on the PDI. Was it visible under the cabinet, or under the trailer?

Tim

·
Outbackers Contributor
2,018 Posts
Our 26 RS came from Keystone already winterized (line item on the sticker), so I hope this problem has either been corrected by Keystone or it was not an issue when winterized at the factory.

Randy

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi
To be more specific, the pinched line was visible from the outside underneath. If you get down on your back and look up into the wheel well area, you can see the where the frame is. I could see an "arc" of waterline which seemed to be pinched between the frame and the box. When the mechanic tried all the water, the kitchen sink had a surging sound, and you could hear the water pump turning off and on. So he determined that it was cold water from the pump to that sink. All the other water lines worked fine.
I called the deale today, and the service manager said he'd have to look for it, because the last work order they had was for the winterization. There was no message waiting for me when I got home, so I'll call again tomorrow. I'm afraid its been sitting on their lot for four or more months with nothing having been done. I'll update you when I find out for sure.
Thanks,
Sam

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quick Update: Well, the sevice guy sheepishly admitted that somehow it has been there all winter and nobody has worked on it. He said they'd get right on it. So look for an update in a week or two.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts