Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Outbackers Contributor
3,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After installing the cool new ladder up to our top bunk we have found that the A/C-Heater control is right in perfect reach as the kids go up the ladder to the top bunk! All weekend they tweaked on that thing, and at one time it dissapeared!

So I unscrewed and pulled the bracket carefully off the wall as it also had 2 sided tape on the back. I trimmed the rough edges off the old holes and filled them with almond colored caulk which hid them nicely.

I then found two shorter screws and mounted the control on the side of the upper kitchen cabinet right next to the main light switches. Goodbye kiddies!

I know it's a small mod, but it put a big smile on my face the first time they went up the ladder and looked puzzled when they wanted it.

·
Outbackers Contributor
5,038 Posts
LOL Jim you took all their fun away! Good idea for the control though, I don't much care for where they placed it either on my 28RSS, may have to think doing the same thing to ours.

·
Outbackers Contributor
1,207 Posts
Good idea, ours is located over the stove- bad location for a t-stat.I have been wanting to move ours but could not figuire out what to do with the holes, they are in the white cabnet. Any ideas?

·
Outbackers Contributor
3,915 Posts
Two things:

1. The remote control is not actually the thermostat. So moving it will not affect your temperature settings. Take a close look at your A/C head unit in the ceiling and you will see a little green (or was it orange?) "nub" in the middle by the emergency buttons. That's the thermistor or something like that, I forget what it's called. But that is where your room temperature is recorded. It's also why you need to point the remote right at the head unit and get a confirming BEEP when you change any settings. Otherwise the remote won't work.

2. Just use some brilliant white Dap to fill the holes in your white cabintes. Also, first use a single edge razor blade to carefully flatten out the old screw holes as they will have a raised edge around the holes. This will make the fill look better.

Good Luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts