Outbacker RV Forum banner

28RSS Bunk Mattress Length Question

942 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  timeout 
#1 ·
Hi all,

I'm a new Outback 28RSS owner (picked it up a couple of weeks ago) and had a quick question for others with the same model. Ours was an order, and upon inspection and pick-up we had very little problems. The one issue I did notice (and admittedly, this is a small one) is that the lower bunks had the same sized mattress as the upper bunks (72"). Since both lower bunks are longer, this resulted in about an 8" gap between the end of the mattress and the bunk wall. Since different sized mattresses shouldn't be that hard to come by, I would have expected the manufacturer to put in one that fit. For example, the two-bunk Outbacks (at least the 25RSS and the 21RS) have shorter mattresses then mine (I think I measured 68").

The dealer didn't have any other 4-bunk Outbacks on the lot at the time. Anybody else notice this issue?

Chet.

PS - I imagine if this is the biggest problem I have with my trailer, I'm probably doing alright...

#3 ·
Thanks Y-Guy, let me know what you find. If the mattress is slid towards the rear of the rig, the gap might be tough to miss on first inspection. It's a relatively large gap for my bunk though, on the order of 6-8 inches. Big enough for my 1.5 or 3.5 year-olds to wedge themselves into.

Chet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.