Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a mod I recently did:

I didn't like the fact that in order to hookup the VCR/DVD to the TV I had to run the cables out the front of the lower shelf and up to the TV. So, I got my hole saw out and cut a hole in the top of the TV counter and then ran down to Lowes and bought a grommet for $3 to push into the hole. Now I can run cables between the two shelf and it is out of sight.

Phil

·
Outbackers Contributor
5,038 Posts
Looks sharp! Do you leave the VCR/DVD unit in there all the time? How did you secure it? I wish there was room to leave the TV up all the time, one thing I try to avoid is a lot of setup/take down, but there just isn't enough room once the bed comes in.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Where is the furnace in your model? In the 25RS-S, it is right under the shelf for VCR.
For securing VCR, I am thinking you could secure it with refrigerator tension rods...single or double.
They are very snug when fitted in.

·
Outbackers Contributor
5,038 Posts
Furnace in the 28RSS is under the forward dinette seat.

This is how I secured my TV in our 28 up front, now I am looking for a black strap and black non-slip material so it doesn't stand out so much.

·
Outbackers Contributor
3,915 Posts
I don't secure mine at all
I just set it on the floor next to the queen bed. Takes 30 seconds, and no unsightly rigging to look at

·
Outbackers Contributor
5,038 Posts
Are you saying my rigging is unsightly?

·
Outbackers Contributor
4,740 Posts
How do they screw those TV's down at hotels??? Maybe one could get something like that from somewhere.

·
Outbackers Contributor
3,915 Posts
Sorry Steve, I didn't mean to insult you if I did. shy You have done many fine mods that I think look great. However, my preference for a TV attachment device would be something more invisable. Or in my case becasue I'm too lazy to do it, nothing

·
Outbackers Contributor
5,038 Posts
Jim i was just razing you. I want to clean it up a bit myself, but it worked and stayed put so that was what I needed. I can find straps in green, yellow, blue and red but not black yet... grrr.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Y-Guy said:
Looks sharp! Do you leave the VCR/DVD unit in there all the time? How did you secure it?
Steve,

I don't secure the DVD/VCR. It doesn't move when traveling. When I get to where I am going, it is always in the same spot. The TV on the other hand I take off the counter and sit under the table. This 14" is the exact size to fit under the table with about 1/4" to spare. The foldup legs on the table stick down about 2" when in the folded up position, just enough to keep the TV from sliding side to side.

Phil

·
Outbackers Contributor
260 Posts
Hi Guys (Ladies?),

Here's my contribution to the TV stand issue. My better half came across this swiveling TV mount at a consignment shop ($3). The DVD player fit just perfect underneath. That way we can swivel it toward the queen bed when needed or back out to the living area for everybody to view.

Of course I always tell the kids if we're watching movies it better be raining outside!

Greg

·
Outbackers Contributor
7,151 Posts
Hi

I love these mods! Everyones look great.

I am in the middle of upgrading, and what I am looking for is for an under mount self contain unit that runs off of 12V. Ideal situation is to remove the existing cd/radio combo and replace it with a unit that can play cd/dvd/mp3/cdr with external outputs that can be directed to a tv.

Has anyone tried this?

Thor

1 - 13 of 13 Posts