Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Outbackers Contributor
5,038 Posts
I'll snap a photo tongith, camera batteries are dead right now.

·
Registered
14 Posts
In looking at your picture, mine if I am correct looks the same as yours. Mine, just for reference, is a small black "thingy"(I know...great technical term) with a yellow spot on its end. I think the way these units work is that the remote acts like the thermostat and what we are looking at is actually the remote sensor. (if I am incorrect, please correct me). I was told that wherever the remote units located in the trailer, is where it will read the temp from.
I hope I have not confused things more...Again if anyone else has any further info or I am incorrect, please let us know.

Scott action

·
Registered
276 Posts
I believe it looks right the unit on light means it is running from the remote settings. The furn emer and cool emer lights are for when you hit the emergency heat or cool. I believe mine only lights the unit on light all other info is on the remote. JMHO
Sorry didn't look or read closely but it dose look like the temp sensor is not right
Jim

·
Outbackers Contributor
5,038 Posts

Here is how mine looks, it drops down about an 1/8" or so. I can't say I've seen it light up at all, I wondered if it was the remove receiver or the thermostat, has anyone checked the manual?

·
Outbackers Contributor
3,915 Posts
I believe I read in the manual that that orange little do-dad is called the "thermistor" and is the temperature sensor used to determine the room temp.

Castle Rock: Weren't you having troubles with your unit not turning off/on at the right temp? That thing being wacked like yours is should be the problem. Looks like someone was already tweaking on it

·
Outbackers Contributor
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
CJ,

Exactly. With ours, you have to set the temperature at the lowest (like 64) to get it to turn off at about 72. The dealer is working on it, going back and forth between Keystone and Carrier.

Washed the trailer last night. Took about an hour and 40 minutes. Big honker. I sprayed the queen slide and the rest of the roof pretty good to find leaks. Not a one.

Y, any way you could get me a photo CLOSER to the bulb? Can't see much. I wish I lived near the dealer. My dealer's service center is not at the same location as the new trailer dealership, so the service guys can't see what a correct "thermistor" looks like.

Thanks, Randy

·
Outbackers Contributor
360 Posts
I checked my trailer for leaks after a hard rainstorm and noticed water dripping from the bottom rails of the queen bed slide. It was leaking with the bed in the stored position so be sure to check it that way too.

·
Outbackers Contributor
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ken,

Oh yeah, I have done that too. In fact, any opportunity I get to go "check the trailer" I take it. The storage unit is not far from our house, so I stopped by after each rain storm. So far, so good.

The kids are getting tired of "checking the trailer." We'll be out and I'll say, "shall we go check the Outback?", and they yell a resounding "Nooooooo!"

I would love to be able to keep it at home like most of you do. We live in a golf course community and keeping anything but a drivable vehicle in your driveway is prohibited. You cannot even work on your vehicle on your driveway or on the street. If you are a "do it yourself" type, you must do the work in the garage.

When I do park the camper in the cul-de-sac, I do it only on weekends (Friday through Sunday), and only occassionally.

Randy

·
Outbackers Contributor
5,038 Posts
Castle Rock Outbackers said:
Y, any way you could get me a photo CLOSER to the bulb? Can't see much. I wish I lived near the dealer. My dealer's service center is not at the same location as the new trailer dealership, so the service guys can't see what a correct "thermistor" looks like.
Ask and you shall recieve, I love this laptop and wireless networking stuff, can do all this in the comfort of my Outback!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts