Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When making reservations at a CG I'm always asked the length of my 28rss. I usually tell them "29 ft but I have a rear queen slide that extends another 5 or so feet." I figure that this is the safe way to go in order to insure I get a site that will fit my rig. I am curious to see how others answer when asked this question?

Bob

·
Outbackers Contributor
4,740 Posts
I also add the length of the rear slide. Many campgrounds don't have 6 feet of extra space behind the site. Bigger is better!

·
Outbackers Contributor
1,207 Posts
I give them the TT lenght because most sites allow 1 TV. Have had no problems so far-knock on wood- but mabey I should rethink after reading the above posts. Kirk

·
Outbackers Contributor
2,472 Posts
We too give the length including the slide. Want to make sure we fil.

·
Just a boy with a dream!
11,311 Posts
Bob,

You are actually 35'-2" tongue to extended rear bed. Out here in Oregon, our state park sites are listed by the total driveway length so you do have to consider the TV as well. We are 55' combined.

Usually you can hang the rear slide past the end of the driveway, but the one time I REALLY broke that rule big time (by 7 feet!), I ended up with a big Doug Fir exactly at the end of the driveway. The way it was growing, I did not have so much as an inch of extra space. That trip required some creative parking techniques!

Happy Trails,
Doug

·
Outbackers Contributor
2,548 Posts
Bob,

You are actually 35'-2" tongue to extended rear bed. Out here in Oregon, our state park sites are listed by the total driveway length so you do have to consider the TV as well. We are 55' combined.

Usually you can hang the rear slide past the end of the driveway, but the one time I REALLY broke that rule big time (by 7 feet!), I ended up with a big Doug Fir exactly at the end of the driveway. The way it was growing, I did not have so much as an inch of extra space. That trip required some creative parking techniques!

Happy Trails,
Doug
Doug, Doug, Doug . . . . for shame. You rookies. Geesh! Can't we teach you anything? You really didn't have to answer Bob, Doug . . . er, since he posted his question in March of 2004.

Some people just never loin.

Heh, heh. I just couldn't resist.

·
Outbackers Contributor
2,530 Posts
I guess I have the ONLY 40' Outback!!!!

I tell them it is 40' and if they say they don't have a site that long, I ask "How long of a site do you have?"

Gary

·
Administrator
18,056 Posts
Bob,

Happy Trails,
Doug
Doug, Doug, Doug . . . . for shame. You rookies. Geesh! Can't we teach you anything? You really didn't have to answer Bob, Doug . . . er, since he posted his question in March of 2004.

Some people just never loin.

Heh, heh. I just couldn't resist.
[/quote]

Let's place the blame on MaeJae for digging up all these old posts. It is spring yet?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts