Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My 21RS has about a foot of snow on its roof. I figure that the safest way to get rid of it is to put heat into the trailer. That brings up the question, is it safe to connect the AC when no batteries are connected?

TIA
Ed

·
Outbackers Contributor
5,038 Posts
Ed I really don't know. I read through the manual and there is nothing warning you not to do it. Since the converter runs the 12 items and charges the battery my concern is making sure the battery lines don't touch anything. I did a quick search on RV.net but didn't find a response that met your question. I'd be curious to know the answer on this too, but I think I'd hold off connecting until I knew for sure. Might call your service dealership and ask them too.

·
Outbackers Contributor
3,580 Posts
I think I read or heard that the battery should be connected as the 12 volt system needs a clean consistent source of power. I agree with Y-guy you should wait until you get a definitive answer.

Mike

Found this over at trailer life, one posts mentions keeping the battery connected because the converter's output can fluctuate. http://www.trailerlife.com/cforum/index.cf...70.cfm#12925170

1 - 3 of 3 Posts