Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Outbackers Contributor
9,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone have a Add-a-Room that attaches to the awning?
Wondering how they are and any problems.
Having one installed tomorrow.

·
Outbackers Contributor
5,038 Posts
After hearing horror stories about them on the Coleman Popups I would fear the setup time would be a PITA. Then again at 28' I don't need much more space and bugs in the Pacific NW are nothing like the bugs I had in Missouri either.

Curious how much it costs and what installation entails?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hi Hootbob,
We had one on our Colman & loved it.
Took 10 minutes if my kids helped, 5 if they didn,t.
Was great with the dog as well.
Please let us know how it works out for you.

Snowman

·
Outbackers Contributor
4,740 Posts
I was interested in the screen room that adds on to the awning. Add a room must be the same thing. I wouldn't care if it took a half hour to set up...as long as it kept out the mosquitoes and bees!

How much $$$ are they running???

·
Outbackers Contributor
4,452 Posts
Pete,

Just happened to have a Camping World catalog on the desk next to me, so I looked it up. For the A&E Patty O'Room, prices range from $395 for an 8' long awning to $557 for 24' long. Those are the member prices, reg. is $439 to $619 respectively. Plus installation.

NWcamper,

I believe they have to install snaps on the coach, as well as connection hardware to the existing awning. The installation fee from Camping World is listed as $88

Tim

·
Outbackers Contributor
4,740 Posts
YIKES!
I might have to double up on the DEET! I think I'd rather spend that kind of cash on the HONDA generator!

Better yet...
Have you ever seen the trailer with the fold out screen deck on the back? They have it in the back of TRAILER LIFE magazine. It looks like a sport garage type ramp, but it stops before hitting the ground, and has screen room sides and roof. I think KEYSTONE could make these, and still qualify as being an OUTBACK. You'd be sitting OUTBACK instead of sleeping OUTBACK!

KEYSTONE... ARE YOU LISTENING???

1 - 7 of 7 Posts