Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone please tell me what that antennae on top of my 2004 21RS is for
? You know, the one that looks like a CB antennae. I thought maybe it was for the radio on the stereo unit but it has a wire one in the back.

Also, my waterpump seems to be pretty loud for one that the manual describes as whisper quiet (or something like that). Heck, the pump on the 1977 Mini-Winni Motorhome that I just sold before I bought this TT quieter. You'd think they would have made some advances in 26 years.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Yeah....I was wondering about that little antanea myself. Maybe thats the FM and the wire connection in back is the AM

·
Outbackers Contributor
90 Posts
Our water pump has four hold down bolts (or screws) on rubber mounts. Our pump only had screws in three of the holes, so the pump was vibrating. The dealer fixed it under warranty and it was a little more quiet, but it's still loud. You may want to check to ensure all mounting bolts are there.

·
Outbackers Contributor
2,018 Posts
Goos question, bass. That spring-loaded antenna is the exterior FM antenna. On the back on my radio / CD player, there is an exterior antenna connection with a black cable running from it.

Randy

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You're right, it is for the radio. I just didn't look close enough. What confused me was the little white antennae wire behind the stereo all coiled up with a rubber band around it. When I unraveled it the radio's reception was worse.

I'll check that all the bolts are there and tight on the water pump too. It does sound like it's vibrating the coach. I bet that's what it is.

·
Outbackers Contributor
5,038 Posts
I picked a sheet of 2" insulation board that I'm going to install in the dinette area with the water pump. In our old Popup the thing was so loud I found a 1/2" piece of dense rubber and mounted it to that then the whole thing to the wall. Made it quieter. Their idea of Whisper and mine must be two different things.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts