Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Outbackers Contributor
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! Just wondering if there are any Indiana folks out there? I've seen a lot of states listed, but yet to see a Hoosier.
We live in Southern Indiana and do most of our camping in Indiana and Kentucky.
Would love to talk to others from our state or surrounding areas.

sunny

·
Registered
630 Posts
Hello Golden Mom,

We are in Scottsburg, IN. and do most of our camping in IN and KY as well. We spent this past weekend in Madison at Clifty Falls. We have a group of folks that spend every derby weekend there. Had a good time but we had a ton of rain. Good news, is that we had no leaks anywhere.

·
Outbackers Contributor
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great to hear from you. I know exactly where Scottsburg is. I work there!

We haven't been to Clifty Falls yet. We are leaving for Brown County on Friday.
We go to Charlestown State Park a lot. Went there the 1st weekend in April. It was chilly, but that furnace sure came in handy...lol. We also had "high" winds. I prayed a lot that night. We were "a rockin'" !!!!

Glad to hear you had no leaks. We haven't either so far. This will be our 4th outing in ours. What kind of Outback to you have? We absolutely love ours.

Have a great Day!! sunny

·
Outbackers Contributor
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have no clue

I'm originally from Kentucky. I married a Hoosier!

·
Outbackers Contributor
1,207 Posts
Isn't a hoosier someone who wants to play for Penn state?

·
Outbackers Contributor
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Can't start a war with me! I bleed BLUE! I'm a #1 Kentucky Fan!!

·
Registered
630 Posts
Hey Mom,

We sound a lot alike. I was born and raised in KY and I too married a Hoosier. We moved to Scottsburg about 8 years ago to a small farm. I am only 30 minutes away from Louisville but still live in the country close to my wifes family so it is the best of both worlds for us. I am also a true blue fan having 5 in my family that have graduated from UK. GO BIG BLUE.

We have never tried Charlestown or Brown County. I will have add them to my list. We bought a 28rss last June and are thrilled with it thus far. Have fun this weekend. Looks like the weather will be perfect.

JollyMon,
Too funny. I asked the same question and it seems that the meaning of Hoosier, beyond someone from Indiana, is a bit of a mystery. There are legends and tales but I am not sure that anyone knows for sure.

·
Outbackers Contributor
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi DC. We live 10 miles south of Scottsburg. Been here for 17 years.
We tent camped for 10 years, then had a pop-up for 6 years. We bought our 25RSS in August 2003. We got ours in Memphis at Customer's First. So far, they seem to be a nice dealership. We went there "just looking". When we decided this is what we wanted, we went back and it was SOLD

They didn't have any 2003's left. So we ended up ordering a 2004 at a cheaper price than a 2003. So we were extremely happy. We had to wait about 3 weeks. (Longest 3 weeks of our lives....lol) It sure is different than a pop-up. So many things to learn, but well worth it in the end.

I'm on a count-down of 7 hours!

Talk to you all when I get back.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hi,

We live in Greenwood, just south of Indy. We are picking up our 2004 26RS on Saturday. Purchased it from WalnutridgeRV. I was looking for the 25RS, but the forward bunk sold me on the 26RS due to our two kids. We are thinking about camping down your way this Summer. How is the Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park At Raintree Lake and Little Farm on the River Camping Resort? Any other good places to camp? We also plan to camp at Lake Rudolph and will be going to a Christian camp in northern Wisconsin for a week this Summer.

·
Outbackers Contributor
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi! Great to hear from you. I was beginning to think that Camper DC and were the only ones from Indiana. I also know where Greenwood is. We all could have an "Interstate Party". LOL

IMO, I would not stay at Yogi Bear at Raintree. They have a lot of seasonal campers and really doesn't justify the "Yogi Bear" name. Here is a website they tells you all about campgrounds in the USA. They have a review on Raintree.

http://rvparkreviews.com/

I have not heard of the "Little Farm on the River". Where is it located? Have you heard anything DC?

When are you going to Lake Rudolph? We are going the 1st weekend in August.
We have a trip to Tennessee in June and Michigan in July. The rest of the trips are hit and miss in this area. If it was up to me, I would camp all summer, but unfortunately our "jobs" don't see it that way....lol

Have a great day! sunny

·
Registered
630 Posts
Hello Indycohiba,

First off, welcome aboard and congratulations on the new Outback.

We looked at the 26rs first and we were very close to buying and then we saw the 28rss and we were sold. The bunk house is wonderful. You will enjoy it.

I have to agree with GoldenMom on Raintree. I live in Scottsburg and have never been in the park. I have not heard many good things about it. I also have not heard of Little Farm.

I have good friends in Indy and we would like to spend some weekends up there. Any good parks close to Indy?

DC

·
Outbackers Contributor
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

MAJOR NEWS: Camping World is open in Clarksville. Just called a few minutes ago. It opened on May 10th.

Here are the hours: (fast time)

Monday-Saturday: 8:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Sunday: 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM

I can't wait to go. Now just finding time to go

Have a great day sunny

·
Registered
75 Posts
Thanks for the replies and the RV Review link! We will probably go to Lake Rudolph during July 4th weekend if we can get in. Little Farm on the River is in Rising Sun. I found it at another Indiana campground site. We have not camped around Indy yet, but I think the selection is limited unless you go to Lake Monroe, Brown County, or Columbus. I can let you know after we check a few of them out.

Thanks for the heads up on Raintree. I will have to mark that off my list of places to visit. They had a decent rating on one review I read so that is why I asked. It is always better to ask someone who has been there.

We looked at the 28RS-S, but I did not want to pull the extra 3 feet having never owned a trailer before. I may be sorry later as it does have a lot more room.

2 days left before camping in my drive. I hope the PDI goes well. The dealer told me that they use a 100 point checklist and not to worry about it at delivery.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Golden Mom said:
MAJOR NEWS: Camping World is open in Clarksville. Just called a few minutes ago. It opened on May 10th.
Be very careful GoldenMom,

I stopped by the new Camping World and talking about a kid in a candy store. What a nice store. Not having a good RV store in town this is a welcome addition. And what makes it even better is the fact that it is on my way home from work.

DC

·
Outbackers Contributor
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for your warning! I'm headed to New Albany in a few minutes. I hope to swing by CW also. We had "field day" at school today but since I'm so tired, it may be a good time for me to go. Maybe I won't spend so much money....
(Yea right! LOL)

Have a good day sunny

·
Registered
75 Posts
I'm jealous. But, I did place an order with them and it only took 3 days from order date to delivery with standard shipping. Really fast!

·
Outbackers Contributor
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well I made it back without having to take out a loan. Really just bought some odds and ends stuff, but DH did order a power jack. I didn't think that manual jack would last long. LOL

Indy: You said you would be down this way soon, you might just have to go a little further south. It's at Exit 1. (just in case you wanted to know...lol)

Have a great day!! sunny

1 - 20 of 26 Posts