Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was looking at these for my 23rs. Just wondering if anyone had tried these?

They look easy to put on. Worth the Money? As two set would be needed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Was looking at these for my 23rs. Just wondering if anyone had tried these?

They look easy to put on. Worth the Money? As two set would be needed.
I installed Timbren suspension enhancement system on my F150 3 years ago. LTW, less than 1 hour to install, works great. Camper has tongue weight of 800 lbs, had atv & firewood in bed- truck sat level.
I installed the extra rubber ring that comes with kit for extra support. When going over railroad track quickly I can feel a little light bounce, if you leave the rubber ring off you probably wouldn't feel them at all. Very little wing sway felt since installing. Highly recommended.

·
Super Moderator
2,215 Posts
I installed an airlift ride control air spring set many years ago. Somewhat the same idea but the are adjustable by varying the air pressure in them. I run at 50 psi when empty and 75 psi when loaded for camping. They make a huge difference in the squat of the truck even with a WD hitch.

Amazon

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you, I will check out that one too.
Just installed road armour with wet bolts. That made a big difference.
I would still like to add something like these.

Can you share any pics? did you install them? any tips?

·
Super Moderator
2,215 Posts
I don't have any pics but I did install them myself. It wasn't difficult except there is one bolt on each side that goes inside the frame and is held by a wrench inserted in a hole in the frame. That was slow going because of the angle between the wrench and bolt. Besides that it went well. I didn't add a compressor and have both air valves come out under the receiver. Since I carry a jump starter/compressor, I can adjust them wherever I pull over. Look up the ones for your TV on etrailer. They usually have good pics/videos.

When I bought my air bags, they had a batch where the seals failed. Airlift has replaced them free of charge for me. Swapping them out doesn't even require removing the tire.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.