Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
We would like to camp a couple times this next year near Trinity Lake and are just a hop skip and a jump away from the north coastline. Are there any Outbackers out there interested in a "Get-Together" in any of these areas? Or is there another area in NorCal that you are interested in? We would love to meet some fellow Outbackers this next year. ~ Julie

·
Registered
8 Posts
We would like to camp a couple times this next year near Trinity Lake and are just a hop skip and a jump away from the north coastline. Are there any Outbackers out there interested in a "Get-Together" in any of these areas? Or is there another area in NorCal that you are interested in? We would love to meet some fellow Outbackers this next year. ~ Julie
hi julie, we are in the process of buying a 2010 230rs and also would enjoy a get together with other outback owners, keep us in the loop! we are in santa cruz. thanks! tim and peg

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great! Now there's 2 of us... :) We'd love to camp near your area also this next year. Is this your first travel trailer?

·
Registered
565 Posts
We usually hit Seacliff here in Aptos a few times during tyhe winter and early spring. We use the overflow, no hookups but you are right on the beach. We just went to shaver lake last month and had a blast I know we will be going again next fall. it was only a 3.5 to 4 hr drive for us. Summer time we usually go north of the Trinitys along I 5 to the Klamath National forest, not to be confused with Klamath falls which is farther north and to the east. We'll let you know when we go.
Brian

·
Registered
101 Posts
It looks like Shaver Lake is about 5+ hours for us and we'd like to go down to the Santa Cruz area for a weekend and we definitely want to get up to the Klamath National Forest in 2010. So definitely let us know.
Julie

·
Outbackers Contributor
7,794 Posts
We are thinking of doing a 10-15 trip next summer that will have us going through California. I will keep my eye on this thread and see how things progress.
Ditto

·
Registered
101 Posts
What time of campgrounds do you guys enjoy?
Rural?
Resorts?
Dry camping?
Hookups?
or ALL of the above? It doesn't matter?

For us if it has the potential to rain and get us wet, we like paved roads, because I don't like mud everywhere but if the weather is clear it doesn't matter for us. I just made reservations for next month at the DURANGO RV RESORT, now this is definitely a resort!

·
Administrator
18,056 Posts
What time of campgrounds do you guys enjoy?
Rural?
Resorts?
Dry camping?
Hookups?
or ALL of the above? It doesn't matter?

For us if it has the potential to rain and get us wet, we like paved roads, because I don't like mud everywhere but if the weather is clear it doesn't matter for us. I just made reservations for next month at the DURANGO RV RESORT, now this is definitely a resort!
Let's see....DRY!!!!

Here is a picture from a typical camping trip for us. If you look REALLY hard over the head of the guy with the hat on, you can see another camper parked on the other side of the lake. We went over there and told them they were parked a little close to our site and asked if they would move. (LOL)

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
LOLLLL now that's funny!!

·
Registered
106 Posts
We're SoCal, but will keep an eye and see what happens.....BTW, where is that Oregoncamper?

·
Outbackers Contributor
279 Posts
We may also be interested in joining you even though after 2 Outbacks we are now S.O.B.'s.
Let us know how you like Durango RV Park. We have it booked next July on the way to Tacoma.
Thanks!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts