Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if it's something I'm doing wrong or if I have to request permission to create an album in the member's gallery. I've done everything that I've been prompted to do and it still won't let me create an album. Keeps telling me there's no album that I'm allowed to upload pics into. I go and title an album, go to the button that says 'upload picture' and It won't let me. I go to 'my gallery' and I see "kellerjames's gallery", but no pics.
HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
All of my images are in jpeg format. 247 KB. What is the best size? How do you put pics into the galleries? How do you put pics in your posts?

Did I mention
HELP !!!!!!! I hate it when I can't figure these things out. Drives me nuts.

It's time to walk away for a while. Please,,
HELP !!!!!!!!

·
Outbackers Contributor
4,740 Posts
Guys...correct me if I'm wrong....

Hover mouse over the @ symbol.
Select upload pic
browse to find pic
Upload

*Max allowable for gallery is 1024 KB
If your photos take up more than that...delete some, or make them smaller.

If that isn't the problem, (and it might not be...because I don't see any album of yours in there), you may have to contact VERN for help. Maybe something is messed up.

Once your pic is in the gallery, you can put the pic in a post on the forum.
While looking at the pic in the gallery, right click it and choose 'properties'.
Copy the url address in it's entirety
Go to the forum.
Open up the message you want the pic in
Select the IMG button code button (near top), and paste in the url
When you send in the post, the pic should be there.

I'm shooting from memory here, so correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Outbackers Contributor
5,038 Posts
KJ.

I host most of my photos on my free site from having a DSL account with Verizon. I don't suggest hosting at places like Tripod or Geocities since linking usually will fail and the images show up as dead links. I think JollyMon got the process right for photos here on Outbackers, I've only done it a few times and sort of stumble my way through. Another way is to setup an account at Webshots.com, though I don't think you can link photos for posting here, but at least you can point people to your photos pages to view.

As for posting pics in your signature here, I try to resize the photos to be 480 pixels wide, or less, anything larger may skew the screen width for those with smaller monitors or lower resolutions. This option is in most graphics viewers, but if you open a photo and it shows in a browser window that option may not work. If that's the case let me know and I can probably find a freeware graphic resizer for anybody. I have a ton of photos and have used a program called ThumbsPlus for years, its commercial/downloadable but good stuff.

To actually post a picture in your post, you'll find a button above the area you type that says IMG click that in insert the link to where the file is. (Note, copy the link before you click on the IMG button, then just paste it into the box. The photo link will be generated for you.

·
Outbackers Contributor
1,207 Posts
I think J-mans got it right. I just do some extra steps;

@ log-in
continue
@ my gallery
edit pic's
@ upload pictures
browse
upload

I don't know which program you have for pic's but ours ( microsoft piture-it) allows us to resize and if you use 5x7 or 4x6 then crop off the extra parts you will cut that 247kb to around 75kb. Also make sure when you log in that you are in the admin mode and not user mode. I also find it helpful to have the pic's on the desktop where they are easy to find when downloading. hope this helps Kirk

·
Outbackers Contributor
5,038 Posts
One other thing... always work with copies of the photos; never manipulate the original file unless you don't need it. I've cropped many pictures and saved over them by mistake. Now I copy then make changes, originals are all set to read only too.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Thanks for all the help. I'm not the most computer litterate person so it's possible that I could be missing something, but I'v been over it again and again. I log in, go to "kellerjames's Gallery", I select upload pictures and it tells me there's no place I'm allowed to post pics to. I think that something's wrong on that end. I'll keep working on it until it's resolved. Soon I hope.

Thanks again.

James

·
Outbackers Contributor
4,740 Posts
I notified VERN by Personal Message. He should help when he is available. Sorry for the inconvienience, but he is the OUTBACKERS.COM founder and expert.

·
Outbackers.com Founder
794 Posts
Found the problem, didn't create an album first. I had to change your password to log in as you and fix it, created a new album and made a test post and all works fine now. First log in then switch to user mode, click upload picture and your off and running. Have fun posting...

PS: I will email you the password change.

Vern

1 - 9 of 9 Posts