Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Our TT was delivered without an anode rod in the hot water heater. We have a gas/electric DSI Atwood. Did others have a rod, or put in a rod after delivery? I asked about this during the walk through, and they said it was not needed, which I find highly unlikely. Any thoughts?

Jim

·
Outbackers Contributor
5,038 Posts
Jim from what I understand they are not needed (thankfully) in the Atwood heaters since they are Aluminum, while the Suburban are Steel. I asked my dealer about them as well and was told the Outbacks didn't use those models. I did some searching and found a couple threads that reinforce this line of thought.

Link 1
Link 2

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Y-Guy,

Thanks for the clarification and the supporting links. It makes sense that no rode is needed. I appreciate your help,

Jim

·
Outbackers Contributor
5,038 Posts
Glad to help out Jim. I learned something too. I'd wanted to put a nozzle to make it easier to open the drain at the bottom of the water tank like I'd seen here. However based on what I've read that is a big no-no since the brass fittings can react and cause problems with the tank. Only thing I could use is plastic and I've yet to find the parts I needed in plastic, was going to use one brass part but now that mod is on hold.

·
Outbackers Contributor
4,452 Posts
Guess I'll be holding off that trip to the plumbing supply house for the petcock myself. Thanks for the tip Steve.

Tim

1 - 5 of 5 Posts