Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Boy it has been windy here in MN. Last night as I slept in our 27RBS a loud tapping woke me several times. Couldn't figure it out til this morning when I realized it was the awning pull down strap beating against the side in the wind. I know I can tuck it in, but that is a pain since I have to find something to stand on to reach it. Anyone else have another solution?

·
Outbackers Contributor
3,580 Posts
The awning strap should slide out the end of the channel and you can stow it. I multitask with mine and use it to tie the entry door to the awning strut to hold it open.

Wouldn't leave the awning open in a good wind though.

Mike

·
Outbackers Contributor
5,038 Posts
I may be wrong, but I took it you had your awning up and had a few inches of strap left. What may work is to position the strap above the door so it closes in the door and won't slap the side of the camper.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You are indeed right. The awning was shut (I never leave it open at night). And your idea is ingenious. I will try it, thanks!

·
Outbackers Contributor
3,580 Posts
Duh, sorry
,like the strap could hit the side from being extended

G

·
When I roll my awning up, I start with the strap close to the end and walk it towards the middle. This takes up the extra length, and keeps me from having a buldge where the strap is rolled up.
I'm not saying this is the right way to do it, it's just the way that I do it. Besides, I have enough bulges.

Happy camping,

Gary

1 - 6 of 6 Posts