Outbacker RV Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Just curious, as I purchased one of these for piece of mind even with the cable slide system, . . . which end did you remove the 3" from and was it a straight forward modification? I don't have this in front of me, but want to cut this down before I head out to pick the trailer up so that it is ready for the 900 mile trip back.
I picked one up today. I cut 5 inches off. Stumpy the link you supplied said 19.99. I printed it off and went to home depot. here they wanted 27 dollars. They said 19.99 was U.S. pricing but gave it to me for for the same. Brentp the modification is simple. A hacksaw a hammer and a flathead screw driver to punch the threaded plug out. There is tons of room for adjustment so cutting a bit more should be no issue if you wanted to.
After my first trip with the new support. I need to do some sort of modification. After checking it a few times in my travels it had fell to the floor everytime. Over 900 K's and lots of frost heaves so i'm not surprized. I'm happy it didn't bang anything up at least.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi all, I'm new to all this, just bought my travel trailer this November.

I have a 2016 210URS; I have been wondering if the rear bed slide could be used while in. Nothing in the Kestone manual about it.This travel trailer uses Accuslide system so far as I can tell. I went to Norco Industries web site and read through all the information on this system and it seems as though the slide out doesn't need roof suports while in at all the way it's designed, I must be misunderstanding something? By the way where would I find any warnings to stay out of the bed slide while in the in position I can't find anything on it?

·
Registered
653 Posts

I have a 2016 210URS; I have been wondering if the rear bed slide could be used while in. Nothing in the Kestone manual about it.This travel trailer uses Accuslide system so far as I can tell. I went to Norco Industries web site and read through all the information on this system and it seems as though the slide out doesn't need roof suports while in at all the way it's designed, I must be misunderstanding something? By the way where would I find any warnings to stay out of the bed slide while in the in position I can't find anything on it?
I have used the rear slide bed many times while on the road in the in position. No issues. 2012 I use a telescopic support as well

·
Registered
307 Posts
After my first trip with the new support. I need to do some sort of modification. After checking it a few times in my travels it had fell to the floor everytime. Over 900 K's and lots of frost heaves so i'm not surprized. I'm happy it didn't bang anything up at least.
I've found mine on the floor once, so I now tighten it up a little more. Maybe attach it to the bed somehow?

I have slept with it in a few times, and it did work. But I felt better when I had it supported. Not that it needed it maybe, but just for my piece of mind...

I just saw that my link to HD says it's not available through them any more. Here's a link to the manufacturer, who sells direct.

http://www.task-tools.com/us/hand-tools/quick-support-rods/2-6-4-6-76-cm-137-cm-short-quick-support-rod.html

And here's another link.

https://www.amazon.com/Task-Tools-T74505-49-Inch-Support/dp/B0026T0R0G/ref=pd_day0_469_4?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=HA6FYPMFRMVVWJXEY0R1

Also, another base to the rod I didn't know was available... 13" wide

https://www.amazon.com/Task-Tools-T74527-8-Inch-Support/dp/B004O7YZKG/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1483110737&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=2-3%2F8%22+x+13-5%2F8%22+QSR+Soft+Pad+-+1%2Fpack++Product+Number+T74527

·
Registered
33 Posts

I contacted keystone directly about using the slide while in as my salesperson said it will support 1000lbs in or out with out a support.

The Keystone rep stated that when the sildeout is in the in position, there is a maximum weight of 50lbs and it is not to be slept in while in.

With that said, I made a brace for mine and have slept with it in a few times with no problems.

·
Registered
842 Posts
The slide out support controversy continues into yet another year of Outbackers. I am a believer in over engineering and that led me to build a slide support for my 2011 210RS rear bed slide. I know the company states that the electric slide will support my weight when fully open or closed. I also know that it doesn't hurt to protect my investment. The channels along the ceiling our guides for the slide as it moves. I am convinced that those channels become loose from the ceiling when the slide is in, unsupported, and inertia exerts a downward force on the slide as the trailer goes down the highway. i.e. :

You our on a country road driving carefree and come to a railroad crossing. As you approach the crossing you realize that it presents quite a "bump" in the road. You hit it and the whole trailer makes the jump and bounces jauntily behind you. All seems fine but you check the trailer at the next stop. The cabinet doors are open, stuff has been rearranged and strewn on the floor... WHEW... at least nothing was broken. Think a moment... the unsupported bed slide had extra forces on it during your railroad crossing flyover. The bed initially went weightless and then immediately landed. The forces of inertia stressed the bed and could possibly pulled on the ceiling guide channels. If you don't understand where I am going with my scenario then stop reading and relax... it'll never happen to you. If you see that is might be advantageous to support the bed while traveling then check this thread:

http://www.outbackers.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=42138&p=480290

OR http://www.outbackers.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=34055&hl=%2Bslide+%2Bsupport

Happy New Year Outbackers!

Leigh

·
Registered
307 Posts
The slide out support controversy continues into yet another year of Outbackers. I am a believer in over engineering and that led me to build a slide support for my 2011 210RS rear bed slide. I know the company states that the electric slide will support my weight when fully open or closed. I also know that it doesn't hurt to protect my investment. The channels along the ceiling our guides for the slide as it moves. I am convinced that those channels become loose from the ceiling when the slide is in, unsupported, and inertia exerts a downward force on the slide as the trailer goes down the highway. i.e. :

You our on a country road driving carefree and come to a railroad crossing. As you approach the crossing you realize that it presents quite a "bump" in the road. You hit it and the whole trailer makes the jump and bounces jauntily behind you. All seems fine but you check the trailer at the next stop. The cabinet doors are open, stuff has been rearranged and strewn on the floor... WHEW... at least nothing was broken. Think a moment... the unsupported bed slide had extra forces on it during your railroad crossing flyover. The bed initially went weightless and then immediately landed. The forces of inertia stressed the bed and could possibly pulled on the ceiling guide channels. If you don't understand where I am going with my scenario then stop reading and relax... it'll never happen to you. If you see that is might be advantageous to support the bed while traveling then check this thread:

Happy New Year Outbackers!

Leigh
+1 That's why I support mine...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have used the rear slide bed many times while on the road in the in position. No issues. 2012 I use a telescopic support as well
What type of telescopic support do you use? the tallest supports that I have found for slide outs are 47", the rear slide out is 84" off the ground. trying to find a support tall enough to work

·
Registered
653 Posts
What type of telescopic support do you use? the tallest supports that I have found for slide outs are 47", the rear slide out is 84" off the ground. trying to find a support tall enough to work
I'm talking in the IN position, So from the floor to underside of bed is on a couple feet. Home depot has adjustable supports. Telescopic

21 - 29 of 29 Posts