Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Outbackers Contributor
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy Eveyone,

Since we often go with a large group this dish is one of Pam's favorite to cook and one of my favorites to eat
. It is eazy to prepare and feeds many from one pan.

Enjoy

1 bag of Potatos O'Brian
10 cooked Sausage Links
8 eggs
2 cups of your favorite hard cheese grated

In a large skillet cook the potatos in a little oil until well done, turning frequently. Add the cooked sausage that has been cut into bite sized pieces. Beat the eggs until mixed well, season with salt and pepper. Spread potato and sausage evenly in the pan, pour eggs over the top of the potatos, do not stir, cover with foil and continue cooking on a low heat until the eggs are set. Spread the cheese over the top and continue cooking until the cheese melts. You can speed up the process by placing a serving on a plate and finishing the dish in a microwave, just long enough to melt the cheese, 25 to 30 secs.

Serve with your favorite toast, begal or muffin with butter and jelly.

Serves 6 to 8

Happy Camping,

Tom and Pam

·
Outbackers Contributor
5,038 Posts
Sounds really good. Have you cooked it in the Outback yet? I'm wondering if it s better to cook it inside or out since that outside stove seems to have two settings, high or off

·
Outbackers Contributor
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Y-Guy,

Pam says, first of all, she is too short to use the outside stove comfortably, on our first trip with the Outback, she made the dish inside. However, in the past, we have cooked it outside on a propane stove. I think that you could use the outside stove, but you would have to watch the temp so it dosen't burn.

I like the outside stove, but Pam is not so sure, translation, "It is in my Way". :
Our friends have a Frontier, similar floor plan to the 28RSS, their stove is mounted in a lower position. She did like the stove as a place to keep the coffee pot.

Since we have only had one trip, we are still working out all the little stuff.

Happy Camping

Tom and Pam

·
Outbackers Contributor
4,740 Posts
Tastes really great in a DUTCH OVEN!
That recipe is similar to MOUTAIN MAN BREAKFAST, which is cooked over charcoal in the D.O.

·
Outbackers Contributor
260 Posts
Tom and Pam,

Thanks for the recipe! I've got it printed out and in the 3-ring binder in the camper for our next outing. Lookin' forward to giving it a shot.

Happy trails,

Greg

·
Outbackers Contributor
3,915 Posts
Sounds great! And even more so because I'm starving right now while reading this
I'll try it out soon, probably at home first.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts