Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, we couldn't stand having our new 26RS in storage any longer so we brought her home! Our walk-through seemed a lot easier than we thought
My husband was pretty nervous about bringing it home...the most he's ever pulled was a pop-up (big difference!)
He was pleasantly surprised on the trip home. However, it took about 15-20 minutes to back her up in the driveway
Needless to say, he's VERY nervous about parking it for the first time in a campground
Anyway, it sure is nice to be able to go out there and look at it! The kids are so excited!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Well, you sure picked a good day to bring her home! Mine is still in storage and I just can't get it back soon enough. Good luck with yours and don't worry about backing her up. You will get used to it in no time!

·
Outbackers Contributor
2,018 Posts
Nice...those 26 RS owners keep piling up!

I had never backed up a trailer in my life either until 2 months ago. I was able to back it into a 12 foot storage space on the first try however.

Try this: Put your hand on the bottom of the steering wheel. To make the trailer rear go to your left, move your hand to the left (turn wheel clockwise). To go right, move your hand right (turning the steering wheel counter-clockwise). Once you get behind the trailer and have it going the right direction, the rest is easy.

Good luck, Randy

·
Outbackers Contributor
4,740 Posts
Take it to a big open parking lot, and practice. You can learn very quickly using the marked spaces. Just pretend they are camping spaces, and try to get in them as such.

Practice, practice, practice, and you won't feel so intimidated when you get to the campground.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts