Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2020 Keystone Outback Ultra light 21OURS, travel trailer. Last year I paid for someone to winterize my camper, but I know it is a fairly simple process, one that I am capable of doing. My question is, where is the bypass valve to the water heater located? To date, the manufacture and the dealer where I purchased the camper at, have not been very helpful in telling me where it is at. Can anyone out there help me with this?

Thank you,

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
It should be at the inlet to the water heater. Just turn the handle at the lower connection a quarter turn.

Similar to this.

Electrical wiring Gas Wire Cable Machine

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, but My water heater looks nothing like this from the outside access panel access. On my I can see the electric connections to the element, the gas connection to the burner, the drain plug. Can't see any water connections from that location. I am not at home or I would include picture of what I see.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
The image shows the part of the water heater that is inside the trailer. It should be under the couch just like in my old 21RS, my current 250RS and the 230RS in the couch mod post below. The water heater and the fresh water fill should be on the left and furnace on the right. I would recommend doing the couch mod in the linked post. Also, I use a piece of 1x3 to prop the couch open while working in there.

Adding a winterizing valve to your water pump is a good idea too if you live somewhere that it gets below freezing. The hardest part to adding the valve is reaching it. Being able to draw the antifreeze straight out of the bottle is worth the effort of installing the valve. I save the empty antifreeze bottles, rinse them out, fill them with water and using the valve draw the fresh water into the system to flush out the antifreeze in spring.

Couch mod

Winterizing Valve

1 - 4 of 4 Posts